E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

RunOnFlat tyre puncture

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 525iA, silvergray, steptronic, Active steering, PDC, sport seats, beige dakotaleather, poppel trim, M-sport steering wheel, star spoke 123, xenon lights, large clima, cruise control.

4 days ago I got a message in iDrive "Tyre Puncture". I thought it was an iDrive error (software upgrade please). I stoped the car and looked at the tyre and it was ok. I initialized the system and drove on. After 3 days the message "Tyre Puncture" came again. I was so sure it was dataproblem so I didn?t give a damn. But today I saw that the tyre was low and I checked the pressure and it was 0. So you don?t really see that well if you have a puncture. Well, I went to the tyreshop/service and they told me they don?t touch ROF tyres. I called BMW Sweden and asked them what to do and they told me I must come to them. They told me also that they can?t fix the the ROF, I have to buy a new one. Now I?m waiting for a call from BMW Sweden because they didn?t have my tyre, they have to call Bridgestone and listen. I wonder if it?s really a good idea to have ROF, they also weight much more. I can understand if you live in a country like USA and you can get robbed if you stop on a higway, but for me i Sweden I don?t know. Well, well............
Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Angel eyes' date='Jun 2 2005, 07:54 AM
4 days ago I got a message in iDrive "Tyre Puncture". I thought it was an iDrive error (software upgrade please). I stoped the car and looked at the tyre and it was ok. I initialized the system and drove on. After 3 days the message "Tyre Puncture" came again. I was so sure it was dataproblem so I didn?t give a damn. But today I saw that the tyre was low and I checked the pressure and it was 0. So you don?t really see that well if you have a puncture. Well, I went to the tyreshop/service and they told me they don?t touch ROF tyres. I called BMW Sweden and asked them what to do and they told me I must come to them. They told me also that they can?t fix the the ROF, I have to buy a new one. Now I?m waiting for a call from BMW Sweden because they didn?t have my tyre, they have to call Bridgestone and listen. I wonder if it?s really a good idea to have ROF, they also weight much more. I can understand if you live in a country like USA and you can get robbed if you stop on a higway, but for me i Sweden I don?t know. Well, well............
[snapback]135434[/snapback]
Do you think thats why they designed RF's because of people getting robbed on US highways??
cheers
vern