E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rudy, need your help on locating a TIS

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

So it seems like my passenger side airbag connector may have gone bad.
Based on the research I have done, I need to order a airbag repair cable kit to replace the connector.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=61&fg=10

Can you help confirm the part number, and see if there's a instruction on how to change out the harness?
Now my airbag and seatbelt light is on, and I try to have it reset with a scan tool, but the error message still pops up.

Thanks Rudy! This is for the airbag connector that plugs into the passenger door airbag module. It got stuck and the tab got broke off, and it seems to have a bad connection now which triggers the airbag light
Old 12-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm still working on the document I think you'll need....it's a pretty complicated one to build...should be done this weekend.

Not sure I can help you with the part number -- the link you provided seems to indicate two kits (one for LCI and one for pre-LCI) so you might have found the correct one on your own.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

thanks for your help Rudy!
looking forward for your document, hopefully the instruction is not as complicated...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sorry I took a little longer than I originally thought -- been swamped...

Here's the document that should help you out:
Master_RA__Replacing_wiring_harness_in_left_or_right_front_door__long_version_.pdf
I must admit I became a bit cross-eyed trying to get this done so I might have missed a link or otherwise screwed something up. If you find something that doesn't look right, let me know and I'll go back and see what I did.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by kchan' post='744142' date='Dec 12 2008, 05:07 PM
So it seems like my passenger side airbag connector may have gone bad.
Based on the research I have done, I need to order a airbag repair cable kit to replace the connector.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=61&fg=10

Can you help confirm the part number, and see if there's a instruction on how to change out the harness?
Now my airbag and seatbelt light is on, and I try to have it reset with a scan tool, but the error message still pops up.

Thanks Rudy! This is for the airbag connector that plugs into the passenger door airbag module. It got stuck and the tab got broke off, and it seems to have a bad connection now which triggers the airbag light
Sorry if I butt in. Seems you're driving an 07 E60. Shouldn't that be done under warranty?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

I brought in to the stealer and they said it's due to my aftermarket stereo and they don't cover it under warranty...
There goes their survey scores...
Old 12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

Are you kidding me? Unless you some how placed a speaker in ur airbag or cut a wire during installation of the speakers; this should be covered under warranty. The best thing to do when a dealerssip does answer you back like that, it is best IMO to ask WHY? Why did the aftermarket speaker ruin your airbag cable. Sit back and watch them scwerm. UNLESS you did do something to it and they prove themselves right.