E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rough idle 09 535iX

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Class Action against BMW NA over the N54 HPFP

https://5series.net/forums/topic/965...-the-n54-hpfp/
Um ...this has nothing to do with the HPFP failures... This also was resolved by the BMW CCA getting involved over one year+ a go and BMW releasing a separate Software for people they introduced Lag to the cars when fixing the Waste gate rattle on the n54. Only problem is that it only effected cars mad prior to March 2008 builds ( check drivers side door jam), so a few N54 535's , a bunch of N54 335's, and like under 300 135's... The Z4 and x6 came out after the ECU had changed and the soft ware had already stock from factory had the "lag improvements" and a non compatible ECU that would not take the lag Improvement software. The lawsuit is some what out of touch with the current ( current as of 12 + months ago) and is trying to cover cars that never had said issue.

Why bring this up , when it had to to with Turbo lag/the dreaded 29.2+ software/waste gate rattle.... nothing to do with the HPFP failures and Injector failures that plague the n54 motor since they were already happening BEFORE software version 29.2+ and most of the reason the lag software was found was due to people having to get the HPFP's replaced in the first place and the soft ware getting installed ( also the software scans for piggybacks and tunes , but that is another story )

You should read it and then you would understand what is about, then read on the N54 issues 1 addicts and E90post.com are good places to start... and yes I had a Buy back 535i...and went threw the 27.2 to 29.2+-34.2 software revisions, not due to waste gate chatter ( which I had and did not care since it was not indicative of failure but bad waste gate articulation design) but because it was S.O.P. to install the new software when the HPFP/and injectors were replaced (5 times in 10 months) even if you specifically asked for the newer software to be installed knowing it would neuter the performance. The dealer had been told they had to with the new HPFPs by BMW NA...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Um ...this has nothing to do with the HPFP failures... This also was resolved by the BMW CCA getting involved over one year+ a go and BMW releasing a separate Software for people they introduced Lag to the cars when fixing the Waste gate rattle on the n54. Only problem is that it only effected cars mad prior to March 2008 builds ( check drivers side door jam), so a few N54 535's , a bunch of N54 335's, and like under 300 135's... The Z4 and x6 came out after the ECU had changed and the soft ware had already stock from factory had the "lag improvements" and a non compatible ECU that would not take the lag Improvement software. The lawsuit is some what out of touch with the current ( current as of 12 + months ago) and is trying to cover cars that never had said issue.

Why bring this up , when it had to to with Turbo lag/the dreaded 29.2+ software/waste gate rattle.... nothing to do with the HPFP failures and Injector failures that plague the n54 motor since they were already happening BEFORE software version 29.2+ and most of the reason the lag software was found was due to people having to get the HPFP's replaced in the first place and the soft ware getting installed ( also the software scans for piggybacks and tunes , but that is another story )

You should read it and then you would understand what is about, then read on the N54 issues 1 addicts and E90post.com are good places to start... and yes I had a Buy back 535i...and went threw the 27.2 to 29.2+-34.2 software revisions, not due to waste gate chatter ( which I had and did not care since it was not indicative of failure but bad waste gate articulation design) but because it was S.O.P. to install the new software when the HPFP/and injectors were replaced (5 times in 10 months) even if you specifically asked for the newer software to be installed knowing it would neuter the performance. The dealer had been told they had to with the new HPFPs by BMW NA...

Um... this was just information for him to read to educate himself regarding the different issues surrounding HPFP's and how BMW had previously dealt with it... so it doesn't hurt for him to read it. Sorry to hear about your buy back. Life goes on right? ...

Per the article from Consumer Affairs

"The complaint says that BMW installed the software "whenever one of the vehicles in question appeared in the service department of a BMW dealership, regardless of the reason for the service visit."

This portion definitely sucks, but not surprising, unfortunately.