E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Roof color - Black

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Ok, I am almost finished with the M5MTech install. I still have the rear bumper and front spoiler to install. I'm waiting on the three rear bumper brackets which should arrive this week and the spoiler should be arriving in the next weeks from Unitza. I plan to wrap the rear diffuser and front lip in CF and if the front lip does not turn out the way I expect, I will paint it black. This of course will force me to paint the rear diffuser to match.

Ok, here is where I need the help. I am also considering doing the same to the roof. E.G. CF, Gloss or Semi-gloss Black. What are all of your thoughts? At the moment, I prefer to paint the roof gloss or semi-gloss rather than apply CF. I'm still a little leery of the CF peeling at the edges and such. How would the roof look painted if the front and rear items were CF? If anyone has a photo of your car with any of these three items please post it so I can see. I've seen a few CF roofs and I like them.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

My vote for a silver car is gloss black. The CF 'look' di-noc vinyl doesn't really look like legit CF to me. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but it isn't accurate if you really know CF.

And don't worry about the vinyl coming up, properly applied it will last for years. If nothing else, starting with vinyl will give you the oportunity to decide what you like with minimal commitment.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I forgot to mention, the car is white.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

are u doing this by urself or at shop? I really wanna do that too
Old 10-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

(Don't know where I got silver) I still vote gloss black!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mbawazir
are u doing this by urself or at shop? I really wanna do that too
I will do it by myself and I live in Greenville, SC, not too far from you. I just cannot make up my mind which color scheme. I am leaning toward Sublime's comment of gloss black but I am curious if the diffuser and front lip will look out of place in CF or flat black, or just do it all in gloss.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

my vote: Gloss Black 100% ive seen the CF roofs done here & there here in Detroit....they never look clean....they seem a bit out of place. The gloss black however looks like a panoramic roof....you wont be disappointed. and with it being on a white car....it should look really clean. if you do it yourself make sure you order 60 x 72 for the vinyl piece. and if you want to wrap the shark fin....id order a bit more too. shoot me a PM if you want some DIY help....i recently wrapped my roof....then my entire car! lol
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i | 6MT | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1

Definitely gloss black, that's what I plan on doing with my silver e60. Gloss black looks even better on white.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I will do it by myself and I live in Greenville, SC, not too far from you. I just cannot make up my mind which color scheme. I am leaning toward Sublime's comment of gloss black but I am curious if the diffuser and front lip will look out of place in CF or flat black, or just do it all in gloss.
I would say go with gloss black too. I'll try to find a place here where I could do it for a fair price. I dont have the experience to do it myself
Old 10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mbawazir
I would say go with gloss black too. I'll try to find a place here where I could do it for a fair price. I dont have the experience to do it myself
I'm not far from you so if you need some help let me know. I wrapped the diffuser in CF tonight, it turned out very nice. So I will do the front lip spoiler when it arrives and paint the roof in gloss black.

Quick Reply: Roof color - Black