E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

roadside assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006 | 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231639' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:53 PM
That way they can at least make $100 a year from me rather than none.
We "belong" to the AARP Motoring Club. We pay, as I recall, $78 per year for what always has been very good service. While we haven't had to use the service very often, those on the other end have always been very courteous and have done what was needed.
Old 01-29-2006 | 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Znod' post='231686
We "belong" to the AARP Motoring Club. We pay, as I recall, $78 per year for what always has been very good service. While we haven't had to use the service very often, those on the other end have always been very courteous and have done what was needed.
[/quote]

The GE thing for your Z06? I'll have to look more into it to see what it does compared to BMWs Assist.
Old 01-29-2006 | 10:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

I'm not surprised that Roadside Assistance weren't able/willing to answer your question. My understanding is that they aren't trained to do anything except come to you when your car is broken down and you're stranded. When you call them, their job is simply to dispatch a tow truck to your location. And they won't send a mechanic or someone qualified to answer technical questions either, its simply a tow truck and a tow truck driver.

If I were in your situation I honestly don't know who I would've called. Maybe try calling your BMW Service Dept or just try solving the problem yourself.
Old 01-30-2006 | 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Its an interesting sitiuation isn't it? We pay for a service and basically get a run around instead. If they want to offer it at all, BMWUSA should make it work or throw it away, deducting it from the MSRP.
Old 01-30-2006 | 05:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Was she answering the phone from India?

On a weekend, the best you'll probably get is a AAA-type tow. During the week, you may have a chance to get BMW service, but it's still pretty much a tow-it-in operation. It would be interesting to hear of weekday expereinces.
Ray Hull
Old 01-30-2006 | 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231789' date='Jan 30 2006, 01:41 AM
The GE thing for your Z06? I'll have to look more into it to see what it does compared to BMWs Assist.
GE? The Z06 also is covered by the AARP plan, but I have never used the service even for flats on it. I always am able to get home, jack the car, and take the wheel/tire to a tire shop. I don't think any kind of raodside assistance would be particularly well prepared to deal with such a low car, but I could be wrong. I am not sure if you can get the AARP plan because of your age, but maybe.
Old 01-30-2006 | 06:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231639
Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231608' date='Jan 29 2006, 06:36 PM
Well dont worry now... As of January 01, 2006 for USA BMW RSA now goes throught AAA instead of BMW

And cars bought after January 1, 2006 have 4 year / Unlimited RSA instead of the old 4 year / 50,000 miles

Well, I look pretty dumb...I was talking to AAA? How did you find that out? If it is so. bring back a dedicated BMW RSA, please!!!!!

I think right now you are still connected to a BMW rep first when you call, they might change it later to go directly to AAA isntead.

I found out cuz BMW Assist called me 3 times trying to tell me to extend my BMW Assist for $199 but I kept saying let me think about it and each time they they told me the benefits and this was one of them they kept mentioning to me. Its contracted to AAA now and they so called said "and you know how good, fast and reliable AAA is" hahahahha I'm only interested in the Collision Automatic dialing feature nothing else and I tried to tell them they should offer JUST that at a lower rate like $100 a year instead of $200 for everything.

[/quote]
How long ago did BMW Assist call you?? The reason I'm asking this is because a few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from BMW Assist that my free one year would be up Feb.22,06 and to continue would be $240 a year.If I didn't notify them that I didn't want to continue the service they would automaticly charge it to my credit card.Any comments on this.TIA
cheers
vern
PS I've had so much trouble getting through to BMW Assist in the passed year,( no fault of thiers,my TCU Unit keeps failing,5 of them), that they decided to compensate me by giving me an additional 6 months free.
Old 01-30-2006 | 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by vern' post='231884
Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231789' date='Jan 30 2006, 01:41 AM
GE? The Z06 also is covered by the AARP plan, but I have never used the service even for flats on it. I always am able to get home, jack the car, and take the wheel/tire to a tire shop. I don't think any kind of raodside assistance would be particularly well prepared to deal with such a low car, but I could be wrong. I am not sure if you can get the AARP plan because of your age, but maybe.

Hahha Ya isnt the Z06 made by General Electric? LOL I ment GM... you know that! Now dont tell me that the vett isnt a GM car!
Old 01-30-2006 | 06:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231914' date='Jan 30 2006, 10:56 AM
Hahha Ya isnt the Z06 made by General Electric? LOL I ment GM... you know that! Now dont tell me that the vett isnt a GM car!
Yes, I do have the GE roadside assistance on the Z06. But, the Z06 also is automatically covered by the AARP plan too. I don't even know if the GE plan still is in effect; I never pay anything for it, but also I've never been dunned for a payment. But, made by GM? Nope, it's made by Chevrolet.
Old 01-30-2006 | 07:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='231914
How long ago did BMW Assist call you?? The reason I'm asking this is because a few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from BMW Assist that my free one year would be up Feb.22,06 and to continue would be $240 a year.If I didn't notify them that I didn't want to continue the service they would automaticly charge it to my credit card.Any comments on this.TIA
cheers
vern
PS I've had so much trouble getting through to BMW Assist in the passed year,( no fault of thiers,my TCU Unit keeps failing,5 of them), that they decided to compensate me by giving me an additional 6 months free.

Last week... like Tues night... Thursday night and Saturday morning... so basically JUST NOW... so if you want call them and tell them you heard theres a deal for $199 they'll give it to you if you talk to t
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply.No need to call them now.I got the free 6months that takes me up to Aug.22,06.I'll see whats available at that time.
cheers
vern

Quick Reply: roadside assistance?