E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rim got messed up today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by lospice1' post='688747' date='Oct 9 2008, 01:11 AM
You tryin to tell us sometin Mel?
will
ummm no... nah just kidding.. my hub curbed the wheel the first month or so we had the car.. I recently got a little curb rash.. i was parking.. pretty much in the spot and the curb was cracked by my front passenger.. got a little curb rash, not like the one in the pic though.. it ruined my whole day.. i was in sucha bad mood after that.. but i want it fixed.. its small.. but hurts my eyes and my heart
Old 10-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by melimel' post='688503' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:14 PM
do they travel in the 5 boroughs??? AND how long does it take??
Call them Mel. This is the company that I referred all these guys to. Owners name is George. His nephew's name is George too and he might be the one that comes out. They'll come to your home or office. They do all their work in their truck, unless the wheel is bent or cracked. If it just needs to be touched up for curb rash, it's an easy job. Call them. You won't be sorry.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by melimel' post='688876' date='Oct 9 2008, 08:34 AM
ummm no... nah just kidding.. my hub curbed the wheel the first month or so we had the car.. I recently got a little curb rash.. i was parking.. pretty much in the spot and the curb was cracked by my front passenger.. got a little curb rash, not like the one in the pic though.. it ruined my whole day.. i was in sucha bad mood after that.. but i want it fixed.. its small.. but hurts my eyes and my heart
I feel for you...I had that terrible feeling in the pit of my gut for two days... I'm going to hopefully call George today.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by melimel' post='688876' date='Oct 9 2008, 08:34 AM
Looks like they go as far as Queens... http://www.nyrimfix.com/queens.html
Old 10-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by moschse' post='689041' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:03 PM
Looks like they go as far as Queens... http://www.nyrimfix.com/queens.html
i could go to my sisters house in sunnyside.. hmm.. think thats the area... 50th aveune and fortysomething street.. anyone know ho wlong they take..?? can you tell im being lazy and havent called yet..lol.. besides i can see my nephew then.. and eat him up while my wheel gets fixed.. it doesnt get better then that ya know..
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='690011' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:10 PM
i could go to my sisters house in sunnyside.. hmm.. think thats the area... 50th aveune and fortysomething street.. anyone know ho wlong they take..?? can you tell im being lazy and havent called yet..lol.. besides i can see my nephew then.. and eat him up while my wheel gets fixed.. it doesnt get better then that ya know..
Finally set it up. He's coming by to pick up the rim today. I emailed him a pic, and he said he needs to do it in his shop to get it to be 100% perfect. He's going to bring back tomorrow and quoted me $150. I'll mention your situation, and see his reaction.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Ouchhhhh. It has happened to me in previous cars but never that much. Good luck though. Glad to see it can be fixed.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Arrow

Originally Posted by moschse' post='684590' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to share my anger. Scrapped against a curb this morning. Going to reach out to these guys (http://www.nyrimfix.com/). ugh...
i feel your pain. my wife curb'd mine while she was picking me up from the airport. I watched as she did it. not happy. she has not been near the car since.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by moschse' post='690026' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:32 PM
Finally set it up. He's coming by to pick up the rim today. I emailed him a pic, and he said he needs to do it in his shop to get it to be 100% perfect. He's going to bring back tomorrow and quoted me $150. I'll mention your situation, and see his reaction.
ur the best.... thank you
Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Got my rim back today. George form NY Rim Fix was a super nice guy. The rim came out great (on second go around...will explain a little later). My issue is that I can see a difference in the paint between the repaired rim and the others...Not sure anyone else will notice, but I'm crazy like that. Pictures taken from my blackberry, so the quality is poor... I'll tell you that if your crazy like me, might be better to learn to live with the rash/chips, or to buy a brand new rim (or even upgrade).

George originally delivered the rim, and I wasn't crazy about the outcome. Talk about great service, he agreed that the paint could have been better, and without question, he took the rim back to the shop and had it completeely redone.

BTW - how do you update the title of the threads???
Attached Thumbnails Rim got messed up today...-550_curb_rash.jpg   Rim got messed up today...-550_curb_rash_repaired.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rim got messed up today...