E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

resale

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone that has sold their bmw before, where have you had the most luck in selling it? autotrader/yahoo/etc.? carmax trade-in? bmw trade-in? thank you.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Senior Members

On here worked for me
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

you won't get what you want for it....throw it off a bridge and collect the insurance! just kidding, good luck with the sale!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sleeper50
you won't get what you want for it....throw it off a bridge and collect the insurance! just kidding, good luck with the sale!

best advice I've seen concerning reselling
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sleeper50
That's INSURANCE FRAUD

You have to stuff a dead body in the trunk first ... then set the car on fire ... then do the bridge thing

Now to get serious .... Depending on your particular market, and the car you're trying to sell, your approach needs to be customized. For example, trying to sell a unique high-end car by advertising it in a small town newspaper might not get you the greatest number of eyes looking at it. Networking with pre-owned car dealers who move high-end cars might be an alternative to consider. They will sometimes take a car on consignment and try to sell it for you for a "reasonable" commission.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

Craigslist worked wonders for me and my friends
Old 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II / Cold Weather Gone: 2010 535I - Alpine White / Black / Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages / Anthracite liner / Sport Auto with Paddle Shifters / Navigation / Satellite, HD & I-pod Gone: 2006 530XI - Monaco Blue / Creme Leather

Ditto on Craig s list! Costs nothing. Sold my 2006 530XI to first person that called two days after posting. My car was fanatically clean with 67K miles; the big plus was CPO and maintenance on the vehicle to 100K. At the time , I sold it for $27k with a cash buyer.
The only tricky part selling yourself is dealing with the transfer if you have the car financed. Once my buyer committed, I used my own funds to pay off loan through BMW Financial Services (can be done in less that one week) so I had title in hand. If you have the vehicle financed, talk to your lean holder on how to proceed. If your state is like PA, you cannot physically transfer ownership of a vehicle without the title in hand.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mrich1353
Ditto on Craig s list! Costs nothing. Sold my 2006 530XI to first person that called two days after posting. My car was fanatically clean with 67K miles; the big plus was CPO and maintenance on the vehicle to 100K. At the time , I sold it for $27k with a cash buyer.
The only tricky part selling yourself is dealing with the transfer if you have the car financed. Once my buyer committed, I used my own funds to pay off loan through BMW Financial Services (can be done in less that one week) so I had title in hand. If you have the vehicle financed, talk to your lean holder on how to proceed. If your state is like PA, you cannot physically transfer ownership of a vehicle without the title in hand.
awesome man! thanks for the tip on craigslist.

when did you sell your car? if i could get 27k for my car, i might also give the buyer a blow job.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mrich1353
Your experience is better than mine. Two unscrupulous buyers tried the same scam in buying ... as in they offered to send a check for more than the purchase price and expected me to send them a wire transfer with the difference. RIGHT!! Turned it over to law enforcement and CL's security folks. I pulled the ads and sold the RV and wheels to someone I could look in the eye and take to the bank with CASH!

If the OP decides to do the CL route my advice is BE ON YOUR TOES!! That place is overrun with scammers.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II / Cold Weather Gone: 2010 535I - Alpine White / Black / Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages / Anthracite liner / Sport Auto with Paddle Shifters / Navigation / Satellite, HD & I-pod Gone: 2006 530XI - Monaco Blue / Creme Leather

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Your experience is better than mine. Two unscrupulous buyers tried the same scam in buying ... as in they offered to send a check for more than the purchase price and expected me to send them a wire transfer with the difference. RIGHT!! Turned it over to law enforcement and CL's security folks. I pulled the ads and sold the RV and wheels to someone I could look in the eye and take to the bank with CASH!

If the OP decides to do the CL route my advice is BE ON YOUR TOES!! That place is overrun with scammers.
Mine was local guy face to face paying cash through his business - indeed the needle in the hay stack! Many scams on Craig's - must be careful!
The vehicle you are trying to sell on your own must also be equal or better than typical average car. If your car is a piece, nobody will buy your problems - trade it in taking your lumps, then let the dealer wholesale to another lower end used car dealer, who puts lipstick on it to sell.

Quick Reply: resale