E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Recieved my JB and Intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Options: Sports Pkg/ Premium Pkg/ Navigation/ USB(iPod) Mods: Tint (lolololol) any ideas? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! (WAAAAAYYYYY better than my previous MB E350, but quite a bit more expensive :( )

I am thirstyyyyy ...yummm Juicebox
Attached Thumbnails Recieved my JB and Intake!!!-img_1439.jpg   Recieved my JB and Intake!!!-img_1442.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

How did they ever find you with the street address scratched out like that? J/K. How does that filter fit in the car. There must be more to the intake than just the filter.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by SBrown712
How did they ever find you with the street address scratched out like that? J/K. How does that filter fit in the car. There must be more to the intake than just the filter.
it's an open air intake.....

http://www.burgertuning.com/bmsintake.html
Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Options: Sports Pkg/ Premium Pkg/ Navigation/ USB(iPod) Mods: Tint (lolololol) any ideas? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! (WAAAAAYYYYY better than my previous MB E350, but quite a bit more expensive :( )

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
it's an open air intake.....

http://www.burgertuning.com/bmsintake.html

yup...and the sound is pretty damn nice. 8-15 rwhp gains and the whistle of the turbos is a delight

To answer the first question, it fits fairly snug, so no worries about it moving around or falling out, plus there are clamps which definitely don't let it move around. The installation was fairly quick, 35 minutes -__- lol but now that I know exactly what I am doing I can do it in 5.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bubajay
yup...and the sound is pretty damn nice. 8-15 rwhp gains and the whistle of the turbos is a delight

To answer the first question, it fits fairly snug, so no worries about it moving around or falling out, plus there are clamps which definitely don't let it move around. The installation was fairly quick, 35 minutes -__- lol but now that I know exactly what I am doing I can do it in 5.
Does this affect the warranty? Also I know thats your parents car because you did not pay for it . Neither did I, so my parents don't like me adding stuff thats for young people. RPI Exhaust/Smoked Tails/Asanti Black Rims. All that good stuff .

How loud is this? And what do your parents think about your mods?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Does this affect the warranty? Also I know thats your parents car because you did not pay for it . Neither did I, so my parents don't like me adding stuff thats for young people. RPI Exhaust/Smoked Tails/Asanti Black Rims. All that good stuff .

the intake will not void your warranty, the air intake (like any other mod) would have to be proven to be the actual cause of the problem needing warranty work......

and if you are reffering to the tune/JB2 + hot pill...that is not compatible for your engine/model...it's for the TT N54 engine (1/3/5-35 model).
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange

Of COURSE my parents paid for the car...I didnt tell anyone I did...but it is MY car as I am the daily driver, and I pay for all the mods that I add on it...and Gene is it true the intake won't void warranty because I wont take it out then when I go to the dealership