E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reasonable Labor Rate for Repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got some work that needs to be done on my car.

Unfortunately I was in a significant accident recently w/ front & back end totalled.
Insurance covered that repair.

About a month later I filed these additional problems.
The adjuster looked at it in the shop & is claiming the 2 other issues I have: Oil leak from front end & active stearing problem (caused by stearing rod in housing) are not part of the accident. They claim 3 other shops agree with this & there is no way the accident could have caused this problem & there is no stress shown on the parts.

I kept my case simple: All was fixed & fine prior to the accident & after this signifigant impact, I now have these problems.

So Im getting opinions locally to see if this holds up or if I have a case to press them / go to court.

All input on that is welcome.

Now back to the title of the post: Assuming I need to get this fixed on my dime, Im trying to gauge reasonable labor wages. Parts are basically parts. And I have a good local shop that has a labor rate of $95/hour. How does that stand up & if you happen to be near my area (so cal, as the car is driveable) let me know if you have better alternatives. I have a $3K bill staring down at me for this.

Thanks