E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Arrow

Hey Guys,

I searched the forum for the problem I'm experiencing with my seatbelt but could not find something similar. Most of the time when I'm driving I hear ticking or clicking noise coming from the back, finally I pinned it down to the rear left side seatbelt something in the housing of the belt. If I don't want to hear the noise, all I have to do is pull the seatbelt fast enough twice or three times to lock it and that should take care of it for the drive. Sometime the noise go away for days and sometimes it comes back within few hours.

Question: Is it easy to open the plastic housing of the seatbelt to see if there is anything lose? Any directions would be appreciated. Anyone else out there is experiencing this problem?

It is not the end of the World but sometime it is so annoying to keep listening to the clicking noise while driving especially if I don't have the radio on.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Arrow

No one experiencing this problem?

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='868068' date='May 4 2009, 06:49 PM
Hey Guys,

I searched the forum for the problem I'm experiencing with my seatbelt but could not find something similar. Most of the time when I'm driving I hear ticking or clicking noise coming from the back, finally I pinned it down to the rear left side seatbelt something in the housing of the belt. If I don't want to hear the noise, all I have to do is pull the seatbelt fast enough twice or three times to lock it and that should take care of it for the drive. Sometime the noise go away for days and sometimes it comes back within few hours.

Question: Is it easy to open the plastic housing of the seatbelt to see if there is anything lose? Any directions would be appreciated. Anyone else out there is experiencing this problem?

It is not the end of the World but sometime it is so annoying to keep listening to the clicking noise while driving especially if I don't have the radio on.

Thanks