E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='945867' date='Jul 18 2009, 11:29 AM
Say your back hurts, sue the shit out of them and hold a lean on her income for the rest of her natural born life. Welcome to America, baby!
Yeah, how would you like it if someone did that to you?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by vwvwvw' post='946276' date='Jul 19 2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah, how would you like it if someone did that to you?
I don't believe C was serious about it. He just tries to be funny. Nobody would like that happens to them.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by theXman' post='946391' date='Jul 19 2009, 09:25 AM
I don't believe C was serious about it. He just tries to be funny. Nobody would like that happens to them.
You're right- it probably was just a joke. Maybe it was that Yankees avatar that got me going! Sorry C!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Contributors

as long as the insurance pays for everything to fix your car up does it matter who was driving, sounds like the dude is goiing to man up and take the blame, so be it
Old 07-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='945435' date='Jul 17 2009, 08:10 PM
That's f'kup. I can't believe the cop let them go like that. In any case, you should consider getting the m-tech kit.
+1

Time for an upgrade.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

Guys... i have no clue why you guys are keep saying Mtech Mtech...

I feel like it is childish to say go for mtech when someone got into this situation... I cant believe some of well known members said something like this... I was really sad to read what you guys wrote...

I mean if you got hit by someone and cops were doing this crazy stunt, do you think about upgrade or how you are going to react on this? are you guys going to say the same crap when that same driver hit another car and cause huge accident even killing someone? are you guys really going to say Mtech??

He is asking for advice on this situation since it is his first accident. Even though he said he is trying to upgrade his car, saying Mtech or telling him what kind of bumper he should get is not a real advice to give it to him..

well lamda28...First, i am sorry about the accident and hope you are ok. i would suggest to take a full legal action on this and file complaints to the police station so that that police officer would be sanctioned as well as that driver will learn lesson what they shouldn't done at the first place... I strongly believe that you need to do this just incase if that driver does it again and kill someone on the street.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ok, I don't know anything about the "no fault" law in your neck'o the woods, but 'round here this is what you should do (and I'd say, ANYWHERE in the States it should be about the same story):

1. IMMEDIATELY SEE A DOCTOR - PREF. IN A HOSPITAL - about any pain or emotional/mental issues you might be experiencing as a result of the accident. Tell the doctor everything - do not be shy, afraid, etc etc. BE SURE TO HAVE A DOCTOR LOOK AT YOU ASAP.

2. Get the Police Accident Report from the precinct or station.

3. Have the car's damage estimated at a reputable shop.

4. Find a good attorney to represent your case. Truth is, you can almost definitely win this case without an attorney, but in this case - as is the case with most accidents - you will be going up against the other party's insurance company and their lawyers, so your compensation will depend very heavily on the skill with which your case is presented. It pays to have a lawyer because chances are you'll get a LOT more with a lawyer than without for your "pain and suffering" part. Plus, since your hands will likely be full with having to fix the car and taking care of your health, its good to have someone taking care of all the legal troubles.

5. DO NOT MAKE ANY STATEMENTS TO ANYONE WITHOUT A LAWYER!!! NO ONE! Not even your mother in law! Anybody asks you about the accident - say that your lawyer is handling it. That's it!

By the damage to your rear, it looks like a pretty harsh impact. I've been rear-ended where my car (not this e60, but in other cars I've owned though) would not even show any damage at all - a scratch or two, yet the other car would be completely smashed. The rear ends of cars generally show very little damage - they are made to withstand collisions (much like the front ends are made to crumple, actually).

If you follow steps 1-4 I've outlined above, you should have your troubles taken care of.

As for the cop's ignorance to your statements and the people in the other car switching places, etc, etc, etc - all of these things do not matter, so forget them. Don't worry about them - instead, tell them to your lawyer when he interviews you and have him/her decide whether to even bring it up again. IMHO it is quite irrelevant. As a matter of fact, if they prove that the girl was indeed driving and that she's not covered by the insurance policy, then you will likely be denied all the claims - yes, there is a chance of that happening. By the looks of it, a good chance, so keep all the info to yourself and only let your attorney know about what you saw. Don't complain to anyone else (just yet, anyway) and don't make any fuss about anything - just let the lawyer sort it all out.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

Thanks for all the comments guys!! I feel the love, no homo haha :-)

I went to the hospital yesterday coz I was really sore, the doctor prescribed some pain reliever and muscle relaxers

I will update as soon as I get ahold of my lawyer..

Here is a pic of the other car:
Attached Thumbnails Rear-ended-img_0149_edit.jpg  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lambda28' post='946904' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!! I feel the love, no homo haha :-)

I went to the hospital yesterday coz I was really sore, the doctor prescribed some pain reliever and muscle relaxers

I will update as soon as I get ahold of my lawyer..

Here is a pic of the other car:
her father must have been furious!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

wow clearly picture shows how fast she was driving...

did her airbag go off? and most of time when accident like this happens, usually two cop cars should come

Quick Reply: Rear-ended