E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Real Time Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='334446' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:45 PM
Well that is ominous. If the new sept build have the new new NVE-N872A Satellite Traffic Ready navigation system and the earlier E 60s don't ....forget it cause you would have to toss your old Nav system and retro fit the new one and bottom line, its wayyyyyyyy too expensive.

I just got off the phone with a couple BMW dealers in my area. Do they know about the Real Time Traffic article, yes. Do they know their own names? No. I got nothing form them...big surprise.

I think BMW NA is trying to break this to us gently. Prior to Sept 06 build...you're screwed if you want RTT. I have an email into RTT to ask them what they know. It can't be any less that BMW dealers. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

My dealer emailed me yesterday to inform me that my new 2007 530i had arrived at the dealership. I was a September build, is there anyway I can find out if I got the new system? I won?t be able to take delivery until November. Has anyone taken delivery of a September build? Is it for sure this started in September?
Any information would be of help.

Thanks,
Old 09-15-2006, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by laet' post='334721' date='Sep 15 2006, 05:05 AM
My dealer emailed me yesterday to inform me that my new 2007 530i had arrived at the dealership. I was a September build, is there anyway I can find out if I got the new system? I won?t be able to take delivery until November. Has anyone taken delivery of a September build? Is it for sure this started in September?
Any information would be of help.

Thanks,

If your car was built after the August plant shut down I would think you would have it. The release says Sept build will have it. It still surprises me that no dealers know a thing about this.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by Veight' post='334752' date='Sep 15 2006, 09:28 AM
If your car was built after the August plant shut down I would think you would have it. The release says Sept build will have it. It still surprises me that no dealers know a thing about this.

Why surprised?

We on this board always know more than dealers.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='334752' date='Sep 15 2006, 06:28 AM
My new 530i was built on September 7th and I confirmed with BMWNA customer service that RTTI is standard with Navigation on the 5-series beginning with September production dates. I'm anxious to see how well the system works when I take delivery at the dealership around October 13th.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Contributors

I think that one indication of whether a car has the new NAV with RTTI is that the cost of the NAV option has changed to $1900 (it used to be $1800 for years). So check how much you paid for NAV, if it's $1800 you should have the old system, if it's $1900 you should have the new one with RTTI.

Also, when BMW NA says that the new NAV comes on 2007 models, they are adding some confusion here. Unfortunately BMW NA frequently changes the "model year" for some weird reasons and they consider a car next years model even though as far as the BMW factory is concerned they are in reality still that years model.

BMW NA introduced the new I6 engines in March of 2005 and called the I6 E60's 2006's. There was no reason to call the March built I6's a 2006, but BMW NA used the new I6 engine changeover to bump the model year by one (probably for marketing reasons). As far as I know they don't just "decide" when to change the model year in other countries and they go by what BMW AG says the changeover date is (Sep. production). Usually the current model's production ends in July, the factory is shut down in August (but not always) , and the next model year's production starts in September. If BMW has planned to incorporate some changes to next year's models this is when the production starts (Sep.).

They did the same thing in Mar. of 2006 and called the March production E60's 2007 models for some sort of emissions related thing. I don't know exactly what it was but other BMW's with the same engines did not get the model bump for emissions reasons while the E60 did.

So, bumping up the model year by BMW NA doesn't coincide with what the factory considers next year's models, and they do not include the changes that are incorporated in the "true" next year's models (which start producion in Sep.).

Those of you in the US who have a March to July/August production car from the last two years still have cars that are considered 2006 and 2007 models respectively by BMW NA and the US authorities. It's all good, as long as we understand that what BMW NA calls a 2006/2007/etc. model, may not always be what BMW AG (the factory) would call a 2006/2007/etc. for the rest of the world.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I just want to know if they are going to be gay and not have a retrofit for us?

I live in Orlando, and traffic sucks my hairy balls. I'd really like to know which way to go in the morning to avoid the bullshit traffic.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='334943' date='Sep 15 2006, 07:38 PM
I just want to know if they are going to be gay and not have a retrofit for us?

I live in Orlando, and traffic sucks my hairy balls. I'd really like to know which way to go in the morning to avoid the bullshit traffic.

I live in LA and traffic is horrid here too.. but you know what... i really doubt theres going to be a cheap retrofit for us. Its just like other stuff they introduce to newer cars... early adopters just dont get it. <_<
Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='334945' date='Sep 15 2006, 10:41 PM
I live in LA and traffic is horrid here too.. but you know what... i really doubt theres going to be a cheap retrofit for us. Its just like other stuff they introduce to newer cars... early adopters just dont get it. <_<

D'oh!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='334943' date='Sep 16 2006, 03:38 AM
I'd really like to know which way to go in the morning to avoid the bullshit traffic.
The kitchen.

ABC
Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='334994' date='Sep 16 2006, 12:52 AM
The kitchen.

ABC

www.sigalert.com for me...

Quick Reply: Real Time Traffic