E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain sensing wipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i stock. wifes car 07 x5 stock

As the title says, my rain sensing wipers do not work. The wipers do though. I have a feeling the winshield was replaced by the previous owner and they tried to reuse the old sensor

Anyway, I do not wish to get a new sensor. I have read that I can disable the rain sensing option with NCSExpert. Doing so would revert the rain sensor to intermitten mode and the sensitivity licker would in then turn into a timer set. I have a laptop set up to do so but have not coded much at all. Basically just put the digital speed on my cluster to work and that's it. Is this a possibility. If so what do I change and in what module should I be looking in.

Another option I have read about is removing the rain sensor fuse and that would put it into default intermittent mode. If this is the easier way to do often I will do this instead of messin with coding. And if this, can someone tell me which fuse it is? I have tried searching but I am still confused with all the mismatched info out there. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Evotivo
As the title says, my rain sensing wipers do not work. The wipers do though. I have a feeling the winshield was replaced by the previous owner and they tried to reuse the old sensor

Anyway, I do not wish to get a new sensor. I have read that I can disable the rain sensing option with NCSExpert. Doing so would revert the rain sensor to intermitten mode and the sensitivity licker would in then turn into a timer set. I have a laptop set up to do so but have not coded much at all. Basically just put the digital speed on my cluster to work and that's it. Is this a possibility. If so what do I change and in what module should I be looking in.

Another option I have read about is removing the rain sensor fuse and that would put it into default intermittent mode. If this is the easier way to do often I will do this instead of messin with coding. And if this, can someone tell me which fuse it is? I have tried searching but I am still confused with all the mismatched info out there. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
I don't know exactly how to help you but checkout this page it is a list of coding options for e60. Also, check on e90post they might have some inputs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNPs2ucN#gid=0
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i stock. wifes car 07 x5 stock

Thanks I've seen that list. It's actually book marked on my computer. But it doesn't say anything about the rain sensors.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Evotivo
Thanks I've seen that list. It's actually book marked on my computer. But it doesn't say anything about the rain sensors.
If you get the light on when you press the autowipe button but it wont auto wipe then try disconnecting the battery (Neg terminal) for about 20mins to see if it will reset it, falling that get INPA and a) see if you have any error codes related to it and b) use it to reset the sensor.

There is settings that can be enabled in the idrive for setting the sensitivity of the sensor but rule out the sensor being faulty first.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
New Members

To reinforce what Jay77 states - BMW manuals state that the rain sensor MUST be reinitialized after changing the windshield. I doubt your glass shop did that unless you had the w/s replaced by a BMW dealer. You can do this with INPA and an OBD II cable yourself.

Cheers,
Gord