E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio - No Seek button/mode?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Does the radio not have a seek button? I see that it has a scan, but I'm not seeing seek.

For that matter, when I clicked on Scan, it cycled through the Presets. I thought that was odd. Maybe I need to be in Manual mode, as opposed to having the presets up?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Senior Members

Suggest you dig out the manual and give it a review in the radio section as it has too many options to explain fully here...

in brief, after a really quick review...

the <> buttons (console or wheel) will choose what to based on whether you are in autostore/preset/manual mode...

and, if you press and HOLD the <> button it should go into a search wherein it will find a station, play it for a few seconds, then move on to the next (unless you interrupt it again with either < or > - whichever, i assume, with which you had started the search

that is it in brief-- play with it some more, or check out the manual... all in all it is one of the most clever dealios for a car radio tuner i've seen to date -- i like the autostore, with which assuming I understand it correctly, on a trip away from your regular presets, you can update the six strongest signals and store them, and do it again and again, without overwriting the twelve stored

good luck
Old 04-16-2004, 04:40 AM
JP

See at page 135 of the online manual posted somewhere else on board. It takes you a few movements with the idrive button and it saves you a lot of buttons. Good luck
Old 04-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Senior Members

Skidster, I clearly indicated "Seek", not "Scan". I have yet to see a "Seek" function.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

call it what you will - what do you want it to do exactly that it is not doing?
Old 04-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

To move to the next properly tuned station and stay there until I hit the button again. Again, just like "seek" normaly works...
Old 04-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Members

It's the Up arrow and Down arrow on the steering wheel buttons (right side).

Press briefly to change station.
Press longer: manual tuning or automatic search scan.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Why do you need a seek function? The radio has a mode where all well-tuned stations are displayed on the I-Drive screen and you can just turn the I-Drive knob to go to the next/previous station, isn't this more or less the same as a seek function?
Old 04-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

arrow buttons on steering wheel, when radio is playing

up/down to next memorised station, if Memorised stations is selected (in Idrive)
up/down to next station with enough strength, if All stations is selected
up/down to next in auto-store list, if that has been selected (i think this one works this way but haven't used it)

where you're missing it i think is in terms of current iDrive selection for the radio (memorised v all stations) in that the press or press&hold action of the steering wheel buttons (or for that matter, the console buttons as well) changes depending on that iDrive current selection
Old 04-18-2004, 03:26 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Does anyone know, when the all-stations display is active, if the list is updated automatically during long inter-city drives? Thanks so much.

Sam

Quick Reply: Radio - No Seek button/mode?