5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Radio - No Seek button/mode? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/radio-no-seek-button-mode-842/)

555 04-15-2004 10:39 AM

Does the radio not have a seek button? I see that it has a scan, but I'm not seeing seek.

For that matter, when I clicked on Scan, it cycled through the Presets. I thought that was odd. Maybe I need to be in Manual mode, as opposed to having the presets up?

skidster 04-15-2004 11:04 AM

Suggest you dig out the manual and give it a review in the radio section as it has too many options to explain fully here...

in brief, after a really quick review...

the <> buttons (console or wheel) will choose what to based on whether you are in autostore/preset/manual mode...

and, if you press and HOLD the <> button it should go into a search wherein it will find a station, play it for a few seconds, then move on to the next (unless you interrupt it again with either < or > - whichever, i assume, with which you had started the search

that is it in brief-- play with it some more, or check out the manual... all in all it is one of the most clever dealios for a car radio tuner i've seen to date -- i like the autostore, with which assuming I understand it correctly, on a trip away from your regular presets, you can update the six strongest signals and store them, and do it again and again, without overwriting the twelve stored

good luck

JP 04-16-2004 04:40 AM

See at page 135 of the online manual posted somewhere else on board. It takes you a few movements with the idrive button and it saves you a lot of buttons. Good luck

555 04-16-2004 01:26 PM

Skidster, I clearly indicated "Seek", not "Scan". I have yet to see a "Seek" function.

skidster 04-17-2004 04:27 PM

call it what you will - what do you want it to do exactly that it is not doing?

555 04-17-2004 04:47 PM

To move to the next properly tuned station and stay there until I hit the button again. Again, just like "seek" normaly works...

katmai 04-17-2004 07:08 PM

It's the Up arrow and Down arrow on the steering wheel buttons (right side).

Press briefly to change station.
Press longer: manual tuning or automatic search scan.

JohanDC 04-18-2004 04:08 AM

Why do you need a seek function? The radio has a mode where all well-tuned stations are displayed on the I-Drive screen and you can just turn the I-Drive knob to go to the next/previous station, isn't this more or less the same as a seek function?

skidster 04-18-2004 08:59 AM

arrow buttons on steering wheel, when radio is playing

up/down to next memorised station, if Memorised stations is selected (in Idrive)
up/down to next station with enough strength, if All stations is selected
up/down to next in auto-store list, if that has been selected (i think this one works this way but haven't used it)

where you're missing it i think is in terms of current iDrive selection for the radio (memorised v all stations) in that the press or press&hold action of the steering wheel buttons (or for that matter, the console buttons as well) changes depending on that iDrive current selection

sj3 04-18-2004 03:26 PM

Does anyone know, when the all-stations display is active, if the list is updated automatically during long inter-city drives? Thanks so much.

Sam