E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Qustion...just ordered a 2008 535i

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

with all the bells and whistles. Can't find a description of the "Ambient light package" that comes with the Preimum Package (ZPP). Can anyone elaborate on this feature/option?

thx!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='478621' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:14 PM
with all the bells and whistles. Can't find a description of the "Ambient light package" that comes with the Preimum Package (ZPP). Can anyone elaborate on this feature/option?

thx!!
I'm pretty sure that if you use the Forum's search feature( upper right) you will find what you need.

Cheers, good luck ,great car and Welcome to the Forums !
Old 10-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='478621' date='Oct 6 2007, 08:14 PM
Can't find a description of the "Ambient light package" that comes with the Preimum Package (ZPP).
I'm sure you already found this?

Please, use the Search function.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='478629' date='Oct 6 2007, 10:56 AM
I'm sure you already found this?

Please, use the Search function.

Thanks all for the info...still learning all the "numbers" that are used for the BMW's, so hard to search just yet...just yesterday I had no idea what an "E60" was -please be patient with us "newbies" as unlike most of you, I have not been in the BMW world at all until now...I promise to learn the lingo as quickly as I can!!

Cheers!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='478733' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks all for the info...still learning all the "numbers" that are used for the BMW's, so hard to search just yet...just yesterday I had no idea what an "E60" was -please be patient with us "newbies" as unlike most of you, I have not been in the BMW world at all until now...I promise to learn the lingo as quickly as I can!!

Cheers!!
No "numbers" needed to search for this sort of stuff -- the only words that were needed to perform the search Ricracing did was "ambient" and "light" -- two words you already knew!

Welcome to the forums and happy searching!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='478747' date='Oct 6 2007, 10:08 PM
No "numbers" needed to search for this sort of stuff -- the only words that were needed to perform the search Ricracing did was "ambient" and "light" -- two words you already knew!

Welcome to the forums and happy searching!

Easy for you I guess... even after reading Ricaracing's link...."I was checking through my options and realised I don't really know what the full extent of option 563 is, there seems to be little info on this, I'm assuming it will be similar to my e65's ambient lighting... any pics or specs appreciated"...still not clear on what the Ambient Lighting package for the US 535i is...as I have no idea what an e65 is...again, give a guy a day or two and I'll pick up on it - no sense being critical to the new folks - after all isn't one of the primary purposes of a form is to learn?

If this forum is only for those who already know all about the BMW line - just let me know and I'll stay away. By all means come on over to the Shelby GT500 forums and I'll be happy to help you learn and not make you feel bad for asking "newbie" quesitons...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='478753' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:06 AM
Easy for you I guess... even after reading Ricaracing's link...."I was checking through my options and realised I don't really know what the full extent of option 563 is, there seems to be little info on this, I'm assuming it will be similar to my e65's ambient lighting... any pics or specs appreciated"...still not clear on what the Ambient Lighting package for the US 535i is...as I have no idea what an e65 is...again, give a guy a day or two and I'll pick up on it - no sense being critical to the new folks - after all isn't one of the primary purposes of a form is to learn?

If this forum is only for those who already know all about the BMW line - just let me know and I'll stay away. By all means come on over to the Shelby GT500 forums and I'll be happy to help you learn and not make you feel bad for asking "newbie" quesitons...
Unfortunately, I think you misunderstood the intent of my post -- I wasn't being critical, I was simply encouraging you to try searching by using the terms you already knew (note that I even used the smiley!) When you said you were "still learning all the numbers" so it was "hard to search just yet," it sounded to me as if you were intimidated by all the technical information found on this forum and that you weren't even going to try to search for things. If you had searched the forum using the two words you already had, you would have found the information Ricracing linked to and you would have been one step closer to learning a bit more about these amazingly complex vehicles.

It was never my intention to make you feel bad and I'm sorry I ended up doing so. I think you'll soon find that we welcome newbies and try our best to help everyone here. At the same time, we always encourage that people use the search function since, as you've now seen, there's a ton of information out there already!

Enjoy the forums and more importantly, enjoy your car, once you get it!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='478759' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately, I think you misunderstood the intent of my post -- I wasn't being critical, I was simply encouraging you to try searching by using the terms you already knew (note that I even used the smiley!) When you said you were "still learning all the numbers" so it was "hard to search just yet," it sounded to me as if you were intimidated by all the technical information found on this forum and that you weren't even going to try to search for things. If you had searched the forum using the two words you already had, you would have found the information Ricracing linked to and you would have been one step closer to learning a bit more about these amazingly complex vehicles.

It was never my intention to make you feel bad and I'm sorry I ended up doing so. I think you'll soon find that we welcome newbies and try our best to help everyone here. At the same time, we always encourage that people use the search function since, as you've now seen, there's a ton of information out there already!

Enjoy the forums and more importantly, enjoy your car, once you get it!!
Rudy, thanks and cheers!! I'm really looking forward to the car arriving and learning all I can about it and other BMW owners and their experiences in this forum. I too didn't mean to come across so "frank", just a long day I guess. Thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to joining the "E60" crowd

PS - thanks to Ricaracing for the link
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='478753' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:06 PM
any pics or specs appreciated"...still not clear on what the Ambient Lighting package for the US 535i is...as I have no idea what an e65 is...

Not sure if anyone has taken pics of all the different lights thats included in the ambient lighting package... this picture found in Ricracing's link is a good indication of what you'll likely to get.

From what I can recall Ambient Lighting... which is included in the V8s+ have lights on the outside side mirrors, small orange lights on all 4 interior doors, the bottom half of the door where the pockets are and where the door handle is, small orange light on the roof that shines down onto the center console shifter, and in the rear that shines down to the middle seat, and probably a few other places that I cant remember. It gives a nice effect for the interior at night.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='478862' date='Oct 7 2007, 11:04 AM
Not sure if anyone has taken pics of all the different lights thats included in the ambient lighting package... this picture found in Ricracing's link is a good indication of what you'll likely to get.

From what I can recall Ambient Lighting... which is included in the V8s+ have lights on the outside side mirrors, small orange lights on all 4 interior doors, the bottom half of the door where the pockets are and where the door handle is, small orange light on the roof that shines down onto the center console shifter, and in the rear that shines down to the middle seat, and probably a few other places that I cant remember. It gives a nice effect for the interior at night.

ebm - thanks, your description really helps! Now if I can only get the car here quicker Funny how once we decide on what we want - we want it NOW Already ordered the Sprintbooster based on the recommendations of the forum members...guess I'll have to spend time washing/waxing that part while waiting on delivery.