E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for Scandinavian LCI owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

In Scandinavia all vehicles must have the lights on all the time, day/nite summer or winter.

Of what I have heard, the LCI Angel Eyes are bright enough to qualify as daytime running lights.

My questions goes to fellow Scandinavians with the E60 LCI model.

a) Have you heard that the AE's are legal as daytime running lights in your country?

b) Do you use the "parking lights" in daytime?

c) Is the automatic "lights on" function programmed so, that the AE's are on during daytime,
and when its getting dark the lo-beams activate?

There shouldn't be any difference with the LCI Angel Eyes between normal and Xenons lights.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='487848' date='Oct 30 2007, 06:43 PM
In Scandinavia all vehicles must have the lights on all the time, day/nite summer or winter.

Of what I have heard, the LCI Angel Eyes are bright enough to qualify as daytime running lights.

My questions goes to fellow Scandinavians with the E60 LCI model.

a) Have you heard that the AE's are legal as daytime running lights in your country?

b) Do you use the "parking lights" in daytime?

c) Is the automatic "lights on" function programmed so, that the AE's are on during daytime,
and when its getting dark the lo-beams activate?

There shouldn't be any difference with the LCI Angel Eyes between normal and Xenons lights.
Hi,

LCI daytime running lights use "inner" angel eyes as daytime running lights. They are brighter in that mode than when they are used as parking lights. And they are completely legal. The system connects the xenon lights on when ever they are needed, eg. when there are not enough light or it is raining or you drive in a tunnel etc.

I have in addition the head light assistant and in my opinion it's one of the best accessories compared to it's price. It should definetely be included in all new E60's.

BR
Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Hi Ric
I cant answer to you about AEs being DRL but i can tell you that i have noticed the LCI AEs being much more brighter than pre-LCI.Someone with experience on a before and after LCI could confirm it.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='487855' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:03 PM
LCI daytime running lights use "inner" angel eyes as daytime running lights. They are brighter in that mode than when they are used as parking lights. And they are completely legal. The system connects the xenon lights on when ever they are needed, eg. when there are not enough light or it is raining or you drive in a tunnel etc.
Thanks for the answer.

I do have the auto light function on my current one also, but obviously not the new Angelies.

So the question is now, do you use the lights on mode (as I do now, with the switch on far right)
or the auto-lights-on function (left from the lights off mode on the switch)?

In central Europe and US, the auto-lights-on switch do not give any lights on before dark, rain or tunnel etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='487873' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the answer.

I do have the auto light function on my current one also, but obviously not the new Angelies.

So the question is now, do you use the lights on mode (as I do now, with the switch on far right)
or the auto-lights-on function (left from the lights off mode on the switch)?

In central Europe and US, the auto-lights-on switch do not give any lights on before dark, rain or tunnel etc.
Hi,

The switch is always on auto -mode, so I have turned the switch to the left and there it may stay. Everything works automatically. BTW it's the same in Germany as well. I have been driving several rent BMW's there.

Regards,
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='487887' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:55 PM
The switch is always on auto -mode, so I have turned the switch to the left and there it may stay. Everything works automatically. BTW it's the same in Germany as well. I have been driving several rent BMW's there.

Thanks for the info
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Not only in Scandinavia in Italy you must keep the lights turn on during the day as well when driving and in most other countires as SLO, H, SK and CZ.
It wooks pefectly on LCI as described by "TitangrauII530iA" and it is, of course, legal.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='487887' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:55 PM
Hi,

Regards,
Here in the UK drl with Halogen headlights gives dip beam as well as AE.

The handbook says that Xenon lights are at reduced brightness when in drl mode, but are on i.e. you don't just have the AEs.

Regards
Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

I keep the light switch in the far left auto position. That turns the angel eyes on and when it gets darker the xenon is turned on.

The LCI angel eyes are approved as daytime running lights in the whole European Union.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gorban' post='488403' date='Oct 31 2007, 06:42 PM
I keep the light switch in the far left auto position. That turns the angel eyes on and when it gets darker the xenon is turned on.

The LCI angel eyes are approved as daytime running lights in the whole European Union.
Lights on auto (switch to the left) will only turn on lights when it gets dark (cloudy, etc)

In Scandinavia you have to drive with lights on, even if sunny , so I program that in Idrive and my lights are on always. I was in sweden and Denmark this summer and that is how I complied, I progra,,ed running lights off when I got back to the US.

Quick Reply: Questions for Scandinavian LCI owners