E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions to remove upper intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Orient Blue, Beige Interior, Sports Pkg, Nav, Steptronic, Sat Radio Prep, Aux Input, Cold Weather Package

Hi,

I'm in the process of repairing the secondary air injector system under the intake manifold. To get to the intake manifold for removal, I have to first remove the harness and connectors that sit on either side of the intake and just above the injectors. I can't seem to figure out how to get to two connectors to remove them. I can't even see them from the top. One is the connector that goes to the Alternator (right side) and the other goes to the left eccentric shaft sensor (I think that's what it is). Anyway, they are both down towards the bottom of the engine. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this. I'm following the Bentley manual, but it doesn't give a hint for removing these connectors. It just says to remove them to move the harness out of the way. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Renard
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Orient blue '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, 6Speed MT, Xenon, Navi, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by RnrdTheFox
Hi,

I'm in the process of repairing the secondary air injector system under the intake manifold. To get to the intake manifold for removal, I have to first remove the harness and connectors that sit on either side of the intake and just above the injectors. I can't seem to figure out how to get to two connectors to remove them. I can't even see them from the top. One is the connector that goes to the Alternator (right side) and the other goes to the left eccentric shaft sensor (I think that's what it is). Anyway, they are both down towards the bottom of the engine. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this. I'm following the Bentley manual, but it doesn't give a hint for removing these connectors. It just says to remove them to move the harness out of the way. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Renard
I did that job twice. Which connectors are you talking about? When you look at the engine from the front on the left side (one goes to the oils pressure sensor - you need to unplug them from the bottom of the car). Do you have the car on the ramps?.

Post some pix - that will be much easier to explain.