E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Questions about my 550i

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this would be my second post.. aside from the introduction..

just a quick question..

i purchased this 2007 550i Sport yesterday LOL

and... as i browsed through the forums..

i saw that there will be a recall soon... about the brake system?..

Do i have to call the BMW of North America and Register my vehicle as Me being the new owner for me to receive the recall letter?

also.. .. is the remainder of the warranty transferable to me?

i have 29k miles on my car...
Old 11-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

Where did you purchase the car? If you purchased it at BMW then it should be transferred but if it was local or another dealer then call BMW assist by pressing the SOS button thats in the car.

As for the recall? Not sure. Hopefully someone will be able to assist you on that .

Welcome! Where are the photos?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Alpine White Options: Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Black Dakota Leather, Folding Rear Seat Mods: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 Software, Dinan High Flow Intake System, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Carbon Fiber Front Strut Tower Brace, HID 8000k Fogs, LED Super White Side Markers Coming Soon: HID 8000k Angel Eyes and Lowbeams

The warranty and cost free maintenance stays with the car regardless of ownership change for 50,000 miles or 4 years from original the in service date. I have an 08 550i, had it into the dealer a few days after the recall was announced; they told me that they didn't have the recall fix instructions from BMW yet.

Not sure about how they will notify owners regarding the recall.

Congrats on the new bimmer!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Members

thank you for the quick replies guys.. i'll press that SOS button first thing tomorrow morning~

here's the pics of the new whip... Soooooo excited about this car~~~~

https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...5series-owner/
Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

BETTER PIC NOW! . That WRX looks MEAN how much was it packing, and what did you do to it?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Members

My STi threw down about 320AWHP and 340AWTQ at the wheels W/ 91 Oct... with 100 Oct it threw down around 350 AWHP and 360 AWTQ.. at the wheels.. Lol.. it was on Stock turbo.. i had lots of mods.. so i don't wanna list it up here but...

I ran 13.03 with 119 MPH trap speed at Las Vegas MotorSpeedway which is like.. 2000 or 3000 feet above sea level.. correct me if i'm wrong.. so if i was in cali or.. somewhere near 300-500ft above sea level.. it probably would've been a 12sec car.. but.. i didn't drag the car much.. i auto xed and tracked it when i had the chance..

I'm not baller enough to keep 2 cars... so my pride and joy has left my hand to a good place..

i really wanted to try out the European scene for a change.. Don't think i'll be going back to the Japanese import scene for awhile after owning my first BMW since i fell in love with it!!! (hope it doesn't give me too many problems though.... i'm scurred.. ) ... but never say never right..i don't want to put too many miles on my 5series.. so i'll probably buy a japanese beater car later down the road hahahahha.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
My STi threw down about 320AWHP and 340AWTQ at the wheels W/ 91 Oct... with 100 Oct it threw down around 350 AWHP and 360 AWTQ.. at the wheels.. Lol.. it was on Stock turbo.. i had lots of mods.. so i don't wanna list it up here but...

I ran 13.03 with 119 MPH trap speed at Las Vegas MotorSpeedway which is like.. 2000 or 3000 feet above sea level.. correct me if i'm wrong.. so if i was in cali or.. somewhere near 300-500ft above sea level.. it probably would've been a 12sec car.. but.. i didn't drag the car much.. i auto xed and tracked it when i had the chance..

I'm not baller enough to keep 2 cars... so my pride and joy has left my hand to a good place..

i really wanted to try out the European scene for a change.. Don't think i'll be going back to the Japanese import scene for awhile after owning my first BMW since i fell in love with it!!! (hope it doesn't give me too many problems though.... i'm scurred.. ) ... but never say never right..i don't want to put too many miles on my 5series.. so i'll probably buy a japanese beater car later down the road hahahahha.
Actually the 550i is ver reliable so is my 528i but I have a I6 you have a 4.8V8. Have not heard any problems with any of the E60 except 535i with turbos due to HPFP.
Just get a WRX as a DD OR a IS250 both fantastic cars but cheap DDs. Don't worry enjoy your bimmer! When are the mods starting?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Members

mods will start... with Suspension and Wheels.. gotta have that stance

and after Jan.. since i gotta move down to Nor Cal for my work..

i'll probably start moddin the baby starting march or april.. but i gotta have the angel eyes.. so i'll probably order that in couple of days.. hahahah
Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

as far as the recall, not all BMW's are showing signs of the brake problem. I have an 08 550 and I believe one of the signs is the hard brake pedal. If you havent noticed that then Im not sure how they go about it. I too have not recieved a recall notice, but I dont know if they were sent out to everyone? My SA said the stiff pedal is the giveaway. Good luck and congrads and welcome
Old 11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
this would be my second post.. aside from the introduction..

just a quick question..

i purchased this 2007 550i Sport yesterday LOL

and... as i browsed through the forums..

i saw that there will be a recall soon... about the brake system?..

Do i have to call the BMW of North America and Register my vehicle as Me being the new owner for me to receive the recall letter?
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...cle-32230.html

Search for vehicle or equipment owners:
Federal law specifies the steps that manufacturers must take in trying to locate owners of recalled vehicles or equipment. If a vehicle is recalled, the manufacturer must merge its own records of vehicle purchasers with current state vehicle registration information. If equipment is recalled, where state registration records do not exist, manufacturers must notify their distribution chain and anyone they know that purchased the recalled equipment.