E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Question for the Europeans on this board...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already posted this question on another board but thought I would try it here as well.

I was wondering if any of you guys have purchased or are ordering the Truffle Brown Interior. I would love to see some good pictures of that interior. The pictures that I have seen refered to as "Truffle Brown" look almost identical to the Beige except for the fact that the upper surfaces of the center and door armrests are black instead of beige (which is what they should be according to the detailed Color & Trim Guide). However, I saw a sample of the Truffle Brown Leather for the X5 at a dealership and it looked considerably darker (not like the almost beige look in the pictures). This is why I'm not sure if those pictures are really Truffle Brown or just a pre-production version of the beige interior which happened to have the black armrests.

So if there is anyone who has pictures of a CONFIRMED Truffle Brown interior I would love to see them. If I like it I'm going to see if BMW NA will accept a special order for Truffle Brown interior.

Thanks in Advance,
rodybmw
Old 10-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Members

I have sent a message to you about your request. You can also use the car configurator at www.bmw.de to build your own car. I hope you can manage the German...

Take care,

//Thomas

Link
Old 10-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Members

I have seen this color several of times and I can confirm that this picture of Truffle brown Dakota leather corresponds well with what the color looks like in real life

Truffle Brown Dakota leather
Old 10-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Beemer' date='Oct 18 2003, 03:59 AM
I have seen this color several of times and I can confirm that this picture of Truffle brown Dakota leather corresponds well with what the color looks like in real life
Thanks for the picture. In that picture as well as the ones Thomas sent me the color of the leather looks much lighter than the real leather sample of the X5 Truffle Brown that I saw at my dealer. So on Monday I will find out the option code for the X5's Truffle Brown and see if it is the same as the E60 code. I also tried the car configurator for bmw.de and bmw.co.uk and in both cases there was a picutre of the E60 Truffle Brown interior, but not the X5 one yet. I know that pictures are sometimes not very close to the real colors, but I have never seen that much of a difference. The X5 Truffle Brown looked like a medium to dark shade of cocoa brown, but the pictures seem like a beige interior with a hint of violet.

Thank you very much for the picture,

rodybmw