E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pushed the start button and ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by javelin73' post='632790' date='Jul 25 2008, 06:25 PM
He said I forgot the light or did not close the boot, the i-pod, or, or, or - it wasen't a explaination, he just took the fault on me, because normaly he had to check my car after installing a new battery - but he didn't, so BMW will not pay him the warranty.

I didn't know, that he had to check my car, elsewise I had complained

Status is, car is running, but half an hour ignition without engine I will get message in i drive.

pfffff I live with it
btw- that is impossible as the cause, as all interior lights get shut off after 10-15 minutes when the car goes to sleep. I have left my trunk open in my garage for a week and not had any problems starting the car or the idrive message.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

I am picking up my 535 today. Gotta say... I kinda liked the X5 loaner. I wouldn't want to drive it everyday, but certainly a nice change. Anyway, the SA recommends a trickle charger. Should I buy it from the dealership (~$70) or better options?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='634940' date='Jul 29 2008, 09:39 AM
I am picking up my 535 today. Gotta say... I kinda liked the X5 loaner. I wouldn't want to drive it everyday, but certainly a nice change. Anyway, the SA recommends a trickle charger. Should I buy it from the dealership (~$70) or better options?
I wouldn't think that you should have trickle charge it, that's a problem; perhaps a new battery could resolve the issue? I've gone through a few (OEM) batteries in the last 7+ years or so... Hope it gets fixed for ya.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bradleyjs' post='635035' date='Jul 29 2008, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't think that you should have trickle charge it, that's a problem; perhaps a new battery could resolve the issue? I've gone through a few (OEM) batteries in the last 7+ years or so... Hope it gets fixed for ya.

All replaced under warranty? I know... it certainly sounds a bit ridiculous to me as well. If a trickle charger is necessary for these cars then they should give it to you, not make you buy it. I have never plugged anything into my car either, not even a cell phone charger. I am going to pass on purchasing the trickle charger and see what happens. If my car does not start again then I will insist on a new battery.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='635061' date='Jul 29 2008, 11:54 AM
All replaced under warranty? I know... it certainly sounds a bit ridiculous to me as well. If a trickle charger is necessary for these cars then they should give it to you, not make you buy it. I have never plugged anything into my car either, not even a cell phone charger. I am going to pass on purchasing the trickle charger and see what happens. If my car does not start again then I will insist on a new battery.
Sounds like a good plan...GL

Keep us informed, please.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='635061' date='Jul 29 2008, 06:54 PM

Sorry to read about your electricity problems jmsod.

The problem is with the car!

Even if you use the "park vent" and only drive some 5 - 10 mile stints,
the car should (must) cope with them.
Actually the manual says that if the starting amp capacity is in risk, the vent system stops!

So the car must have a electric shortcut somewhere or the underload sensor is defected.
Electricity problems can be a hell to find.

Don't give up with your dealer and good luck!