E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puma case

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

I've had my 545 at the dealer for 11 days now. It went it for an oil change. I asked them about my "active steering" failure warning message that i've been gettting (about 6-7 times since my first software upgrade).

THe service department told me that they are replacing my steering package altogether. I guess there's been some problems with this. Whenever I got the mesg, i'd just restart the car and the mesg would go away. But I guess the problem is bigger than what I originally thought.

Secondly, i had an 8 inch long crack (L-Shape) in my windshield in the front right side, about 6 inches from the bottom. Nothing hit it but some how a crack showed up. There's no stone mark, no stress mark, not a single sign of damage. I asked them to take a look at it.

They said they are opening this under a "Puma Case". I guess it tries to fix items not under the warranty.

Has anybody else heard this term "PUMA CASE" from their service advisors?

Teriyaki
Old 01-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Gray, Sport Package, Nav, Logic 7, 20 inch Asanti's

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Jan 28 2005, 05:49 PM
I've had my 545 at the dealer for 11 days now.? It went it for an oil change.? I asked them about my "active steering" failure warning message that i've been gettting (about 6-7 times since my first software upgrade).

THe service department told me that they are replacing my steering package altogether. I guess there's been some problems with this.? Whenever I got the mesg, i'd just restart the car and the mesg would go away.? But I guess the problem is bigger than what I originally thought.

Secondly, i had an 8 inch long crack (L-Shape) in my windshield in the front right side, about 6 inches from the bottom.? Nothing hit it but some how a crack showed up.? There's no stone mark, no stress mark, not a single sign of damage.? I asked them to take a look at it.

They said they are opening this under a "Puma Case".? I guess it tries to fix items not under the warranty.

Has anybody else heard this term "PUMA CASE" from their service advisors?

Teriyaki
[snapback]84352[/snapback]
My windshield cracked as well. Unfortunatly I had my insurance take care of it. Then I heard of a bunch of people having the same thing happen. Believe me, you are not the first case they have seen! <_<
Old 01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I've heard the term as well. I don't think it's about warranty, I think it's a technical resource that they can use to solve problems. When BT was activated in my car and my CPT9000 stopped synching, they opened a Puma case to figure out if it was even possible to have both enabled. They learned that they had to choose one or the other so I had them reprogram the CPT (which turned out to be a major reprogramming -- not just the phone part.)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

My car wash offer a free wind shield repair. Just give them your informations of your insurance. I'm just afraid it may increase my insurance. They did a pretty good job thou !
Old 01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Senior Members

PuMa is a worldwide BMW database of all reported problems and most with the their appropriate fixes.

Before Germany will listen to the dealer the a Puma case has to be opened. I have played a bit with the system at the dealer, really cool stuff.

My Landrover Story