E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems have begun...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all ...

Well... have had my 530i for a week now, and have begun to experience some problems...maybe somebody could shed some light on this? (i.e. maybe all I need is a software upgrade? something the stealer claimed they did but didn't?)

Here are a list of the problems I have encountered so far:

<1> Flat tire warning 3 times after reset, even though my tires were fine didn't lose pressure
<2> Window anti-trap malfunction
<3> Rough idle when engine warm (at traffic light you will see the RPM go up and down)
<4> Transmission slam when slowing down
<5> Car tramlines (no sport package ...stock 17" eagle RS-A rubber)
<6> Sunroof noise when closing from tilt mode ... sounds like something is broken?
<7> i-drive abnormally slow ...takes over 20 seconds to respond sometimes
<8> address book doesn't show the address I have added until I have power-cycled the car

Please somebody tell me this is all a simple 6-hour-at-the-stealer operation they can take care of?

Thanks!! :'(
Old 01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Sorry to hear about all the problems - everything you said is happening I have read about elsewhere in the forum except #5 - and I am not sure what tramlines is

One piece of info that may help is when was your car produced?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='232843' date='Feb 1 2006, 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear about all the problems - everything you said is happening I have read about elsewhere in the forum except #5 - and I am not sure what tramlines is

One piece of info that may help is when was your car produced?

my car was produced march of 05 ... it's in my sig
Old 01-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by paomien' post='232821' date='Jan 31 2006, 08:35 PM
Hello all ...

Well... have had my 530i for a week now, and have begun to experience some problems...maybe somebody could shed some light on this? (i.e. maybe all I need is a software upgrade? something the stealer claimed they did but didn't?)

<1> Flat tire warning 3 times after reset, even though my tires were fine didn't lose pressure
<3> Rough idle when engine warm (at traffic light you will see the RPM go up and down)
<6> Sunroof noise when closing from tilt mode ... sounds like something is broken?
<8> address book doesn't show the address I have added until I have power-cycled the car

Please somebody tell me this is all a simple 6-hour-at-the-stealer operation they can take care of?

Never had 1-3. My guess is new car gremlins. Idle could just be brand new engine. #4 does not apply, #5 does not apply, #6 have had it occassionally from start. Never had #7 - is it related to your phone or nav...?

At least it is under warranty and hopefully you will not have to take any "Do Not Finds" from the dealer.

I have 25k and overall have been very happy. Hopefully your dealer will correct. Good Luck.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I think the starting point in ending your problems is likely to be a software "reload." You may have received a bad factory software install--which can happen. Your "reload" would likely be an update since apprarently dealers load only the most recent. Sometimes updates only take a few hours--as was the case with my last one.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by paomien' post='232821' date='Jan 31 2006, 11:35 PM
Hello all ...

1. Software related more likely than faulty senzors.
2. Mostly software related. I sometimes have this problem and i learned to live with it. Happens once every 2 months or so.
3. Although a software update might resolve it...it's a posibility smth mechanical (in very rare cases) can be wrong. Injection stuff...Try the best fuel there is and see if it does the same thing.
4. Occurs due to software issues. Happend to me only once.
5. Don't know.
6. I also have that, but is it that bad? Does it worth going to the dealer and make them fiddle with it? I'm ok from this point of view.
7. Software. But that's not really a problem is it? I mean hey...
8. Don't know that.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Auto, Carbon Black, Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. iPod

The transmission slam will not go away even after software updates. BMW claim these are normal operating characteristics. Tramlines are due to the run flats.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

My last update (yesterday) took about 4 hours.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by paomien' post='232821' date='Jan 31 2006, 09:35 PM

Although the phonebook uploads while the car is operational, changes or additions to the phonebook are not available until the car is shut down and the system "rebooted".
Old 02-01-2006, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Sounds to me like a S/W up date will take care of your problems other than the sun roof and thats a simple realignment. Hang in there and enjoy your car.
cheers
vern

Quick Reply: problems have begun...