E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with my remote control . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everybody
i have a problem with my remote control and that was when i want to lock and unlock my car from the far way it doesn,t work and i check it,s battery and it,s ok cuz i buy my car 4mounth ago
whats the happening with my car and its remote ?
plz help me
thank u very very much
Amir
Old 02-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

I have the same problem. I used to be able to lock / unloack from a distance, but this distance becomes shorter and shorter. Sometimes I have to move the key near the driver window for the remote to work. As this is covered under warranty, I had my key replaced 2 months ago. Unfortunatley it seems I'm having the same problem again.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Senior Members

This happens to me too - I thought the key was supposed to recharge itself when in the ignition slot. Sometimes it's better than others and will work from a distance however.

A neat trick is to place the fob on the side of your head or on your chin and press it - the skull acts as an amplifier for the signal and you can unlock from a great distance. I'm not kidding, this really works.

Shi
Old 02-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Members

is there any sugestion ?
plz helllllllllllllllllllllllp
Old 02-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by shiny' post='245288' date='Feb 24 2006, 05:41 AM
This happens to me too - I thought the key was supposed to recharge itself when in the ignition slot. Sometimes it's better than others and will work from a distance however.

A neat trick is to place the fob on the side of your head or on your chin and press it - the skull acts as an amplifier for the signal and you can unlock from a great distance. I'm not kidding, this really works.

Shi
lol thats pretty interesting..i might have to try it out for myself
Old 02-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Yep, I use the skull for amplification sometimes....it works.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='245364' date='Feb 24 2006, 09:46 AM
Yep, I use the skull for amplification sometimes....it works.
Never tested that but i heard it before. It seems alot of people say it works...although i don't understand and don't see how that might help from a scientific point!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Do you think you'll get cancer easier if you do it everyday / everytime trying to unlock the car?
Just curious.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mario.kwok' post='245420' date='Feb 24 2006, 11:55 AM
Do you think you'll get cancer easier if you do it everyday / everytime trying to unlock the car?
Just curious.
Lol I was just thinking about it as I start reading this thread.
Brain cancer No this one is better skull-antena
Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='245408' date='Feb 24 2006, 08:09 AM
Never tested that but i heard it before. It seems alot of people say it works...although i don't understand and don't see how that might help from a scientific point!
Trust me, it works. I been using my skull to amplify the remote control signal for years.
Many many years ago, when we still buy after market security system, I used to test how far can I open the lock with and without using my skull, it can improved about 33% to 50% of distance.

I finally stop doing it since I bought the e60. It hurt to stick a key to my chin, and BMW key with remote control works pretty well so far.

I also tried ass, it doesn't work as good as skull. Actually it didn't work at all....

Quick Reply: Problem with my remote control . . .