5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Problem with my remote control . . . (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/problem-my-remote-control-22630/)

amir_khoshgel_21 02-23-2006 10:52 PM

hi everybody
i have a problem with my remote control and that was when i want to lock and unlock my car from the far way it doesn,t work and i check it,s battery and it,s ok cuz i buy my car 4mounth ago
whats the happening with my car and its remote ?
plz help me
thank u very very much
Amir

mario.kwok 02-24-2006 12:55 AM

I have the same problem. I used to be able to lock / unloack from a distance, but this distance becomes shorter and shorter. Sometimes I have to move the key near the driver window for the remote to work. As this is covered under warranty, I had my key replaced 2 months ago. Unfortunatley it seems I'm having the same problem again. :nono:

shiny 02-24-2006 01:41 AM

This happens to me too - I thought the key was supposed to recharge itself when in the ignition slot. Sometimes it's better than others and will work from a distance however.

A neat trick is to place the fob on the side of your head or on your chin and press it - the skull acts as an amplifier for the signal and you can unlock from a great distance. I'm not kidding, this really works.

Shi

amir_khoshgel_21 02-24-2006 02:07 AM

is there any sugestion ?
plz helllllllllllllllllllllllp

imaznumkay 02-24-2006 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by shiny' post='245288' date='Feb 24 2006, 05:41 AM
This happens to me too - I thought the key was supposed to recharge itself when in the ignition slot. Sometimes it's better than others and will work from a distance however.

A neat trick is to place the fob on the side of your head or on your chin and press it - the skull acts as an amplifier for the signal and you can unlock from a great distance. I'm not kidding, this really works.

Shi

lol thats pretty interesting..i might have to try it out for myself :)

IndianGoneMAD 02-24-2006 05:46 AM

Yep, I use the skull for amplification sometimes....it works. :thumbsup: :wacko:

BetterMakeWay 02-24-2006 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='245364' date='Feb 24 2006, 09:46 AM
Yep, I use the skull for amplification sometimes....it works. :thumbsup: :wacko:

Never tested that but i heard it before. It seems alot of people say it works...although i don't understand and don't see how that might help from a scientific point!

mario.kwok 02-24-2006 07:55 AM

Do you think you'll get cancer easier if you do it everyday / everytime trying to unlock the car?
Just curious. :o :think: o:)

BMWN 02-24-2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mario.kwok' post='245420' date='Feb 24 2006, 11:55 AM
Do you think you'll get cancer easier if you do it everyday / everytime trying to unlock the car?
Just curious. :o :think: o:)

Lol I was just thinking about it as I start reading this thread.
Brain cancer :wow: No this one is better skull-antena :whistle:

Freewilly 02-24-2006 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='245408' date='Feb 24 2006, 08:09 AM
Never tested that but i heard it before. It seems alot of people say it works...although i don't understand and don't see how that might help from a scientific point!

Trust me, it works. I been using my skull to amplify the remote control signal for years.
Many many years ago, when we still buy after market security system, I used to test how far can I open the lock with and without using my skull, it can improved about 33% to 50% of distance.

I finally stop doing it since I bought the e60. It hurt to stick a key to my chin, and BMW key with remote control works pretty well so far.

I also tried ass, it doesn't work as good as skull. Actually it didn't work at all.... :)