E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem during retrofit of Navi Prof

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than two weeks ago I left my car at the dealer for a retrofit of the Navi Prof. It is still there. In spite of numerous software upgrades various problems occur, like no sound from the radio or navigator. After the first try the car was completely dead and new basic codes had to be ordered from Germany. Several dealers here in Sweden report a similar experience. Right now it seems like BMW has no clue how to solve the problem. New instructions arrive frequently from the BMW Service Department. They seem to use the old ?trial and error strategy?.

Is there anyone out there how has experience of the retrofit or heard anything? Especially, anyone from Germany where the retrofit-kit initially was launched.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Sounds like the Mercedes fiasco a couple years back. They promised the retrofit, right? They should buy the car back and then order a new one (with Nav Pro).
Old 05-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Members

They are not even doing retrofits in the US and no one can answer when they will do retrofits of Nav. Was you car prewired for Nav? Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

I?m still waiting for my retrofit. Was supposed to leave the car at the dealer yesterday, but they said they were not ready yet.

They had big problems doing the retrofit on their demo car!

Really bad BMW!
Old 05-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Simon

Glad that we waitet a month extra and got in confirmed by BMW that our car will get the Navi Prof!

Have driven the car for 2 months now, and have 9000 km on it
Great car! But im dissapointet on BMW here in Sweden (Stockholm) because they know nothing. Voice R. will be build in afterwards, but they just can't make it work!

I just can't understand how other people on this board (In the US?, and even in Europe can have it!), BMW Sweden does not have a clue about it...

I have software 11, they upgraded it into my car for 3 weeks ago. They thougt that the voice r. would start to work with that upgrade - but no.

And software 11 seems to have bugs:

1. Instruments lights turned off, twice.
2. Sometimes I can't lock or open the car!!
3. The cruice crontrol is strange (have been it all the time), if you are cruising in 90 km/t and want to go faster, if you set the cruice control on 110 km/t, its useless. It makes a very uncomfortable accelration (to fast) and sometimes it sounds very ill from the transmission (can also appear when I accelrate fast).

Otherwise it's the best car ever

Simon,
Stockholm Sweden
BMW 530dA (almost fully loaded )
Old 05-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Members

That's really bad new about the retrofit - was really looking forward to it

How much were u qouted for the retrofit ??
Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Regarding software 11.x:

My instrument lights have also been off a couple of times.

Also had problem with steering wheel memory ( stuck in upper pos. ).

Called my dealer regarding the Prof Nav upgrade today - they were busy upgrading their demo and had technicians from BMW Sweden in place to help them with all problems!

I?m next in line at my dealer but I?m not too happy leaving my car for this upgrade. You never know when you get it back and in what software situation?

The upgrade will cost appr. 1000 USD ( incl. the prewiring ).
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Members

I received my car today retrofitted with the Nav Pro after almost three weeks at the dealer. The reasons for the delay were primarily various problems with the hardware. The Nav/radio unit had to be replaced two times before the whole system worked properly. Voice control was included, however only in German. I haven?t yet tested the car but I can get back to you after a test-drive.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

How many SKR did you pay for the entire operation?

-paasan
Old 05-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Members

I payed the total cost for the Nav Pro on delivery of the car in October but initially only got the smaller Nav. No extra was charged for the prewiring or for the retrofit. Various solutions has been used. Most dealers charge when the retrofit is done. I have no info of the cost.

Quick Reply: Problem during retrofit of Navi Prof