E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Priming issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013 | 12:57 AM
New Members

Default Priming issues

Evening all

Had my 5 series for nearly a year now and never had a problem with it. Love the car and it's performance but sadly it dipped when the dpf got blocked so thankfully it's a 2004 model where it's in the centre of the car. It came out eventually after the bolts had to be torched off. Cut it open and gutted it completely, managed to get £80 for the internals too so not too bad. Now with the dpf out I thought I'll have to get the car re mapped to remove any fault codes. So I get the the garage and he informed me that I haven't removed the dpf but the cold cat as if it was the dpf it would have had more sensors etc going to it, so he just did the map and not the dpf removal. Straight out of the garage the clutch was slipping a bit, I though it's got 80k miles on the clock so might be still on the original and was close to being on its was out and the remap had just highlighted it. I got 10 miles down the road and the turbo went, screaming like mad. So turbo out and fitted a new core for £180 and replaced gaskets and pipes, £40 for a foot long oil feed pipe from bmw! All back together and running sweetly for 10 miles when it dies and I need recovering by the aa. Tracked it down to a school boy error of routing a wire wrong and melting it on the erg which caused it to short out. No fuses blew so think I've fried a couple of sensors. The wire lead the the pressure sensors on the rail which is confirmed by the diagnostics which reads 2 faults that when cleared come straight back up. These are delivery control valve activation and rail pressure control valve activation. I can't get the car to prime when I turn the ignition on and I've had the back seats out and can't zfind a live in the tank pump?

scratching my head a bit on this one unless it is the sensors that's are stopping the car priming?

thank you on advance.