E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Premium Sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen the 2007 5 Ordering Guide (sadly without prices) and it seems that L7 will be available separately. You can get the Premium Sound Package or just L7. No option to get the CD Changer al a carte.

See the ordering guide (formatted miserably) here: MY2007 5 Ordering Guide

I may be wrong, but from my reading of it (and drawing lines around the packages as I know them) it seems that you can order Logic 7 on its own.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

I can tell you one thing - regular sound system is pretty bad. It has NO BASS at all. Now, I used to listen to music on very good equipment, and I have not heard Logic 7, but anything would be an improvement over the regular sound system.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by maver' post='237343' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:03 PM
I've seen the 2007 5 Ordering Guide (sadly without prices) and it seems that L7 will be available separately. You can get the Premium Sound Package or just L7. No option to get the CD Changer al a carte.

I may be wrong, but from my reading of it (and drawing lines around the packages as I know them) it seems that you can order Logic 7 on its own.
Thanks, that is great news. They really should have included the Logic 7 as standard on the 530 and 550.

But someone there woke up and understood part of the dilemma.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by maver' post='237343' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:03 PM

The guy from bimmerfest that put that up indicated that it is misformatted and what looks like 550 options are actually M5 options. You have to look above the 550 heading for the 550 info
Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='237346' date='Feb 9 2006, 12:10 PM
I can tell you one thing - regular sound system is pretty bad. It has NO BASS at all. Now, I used to listen to music on very good equipment, and I have not heard Logic 7, but anything would be an improvement over the regular sound system.

The L7 system has a good amount of bass - and it can hit pretty low, but it's nothing compared to a proper home system. It just doesn't have the richness.

I've been meaning to hook up RoomEQWizard (on a laptop) and my Radio Shack meter to see about tuning the EQ, but I'm too lazy.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

FWIW, I had the 6 CD unit in my 540, but it had the standard stereo unit. I cannot tell the difference between the two grades of amp componentry, but then, I only listen to classical or traditional jazz (or news). I would never pay for L7 intentionally, but it was in the car that I bought. I guess it is a must for some drivers and if you are into MP3s etc., then you'd probably appreciate it.

BTW, what do you do with the player while it is plugged in? And isn't it kinda tiny to be fiddling with while driving?

Good luck; nice number

Ray Hull
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='237414' date='Feb 9 2006, 03:23 PM
FWIW, I had the 6 CD unit in my 540, but it had the standard stereo unit. I cannot tell the difference between the two grades of amp componentry, but then, I only listen to classical or traditional jazz (or news). I would never pay for L7 intentionally, but it was in the car that I bought. I guess it is a must for some drivers and if you are into MP3s etc., then you'd probably appreciate it.

BTW, what do you do with the player while it is plugged in? And isn't it kinda tiny to be fiddling with while driving?

Good luck; nice number

Ray Hull
Thanks . I dont have my 550 yet, but in my current car, you can make a songlist similar to selecting songs from 6 CD's, but from your entire music library. When you are in the car you just select the songlist and you have you music. It is tough to drive and use an Ipod but you can select in advance with a songlist.

I am seeing that the Logic 7 may be offered as a standalone option in the MY07's
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Veight' post='237472' date='Feb 9 2006, 12:52 PM
I am seeing that the Logic 7 may be offered as a standalone option in the MY07's
Not so. As stated in another post above, the doc posted on the other forum was mangled format-wise, so where it appears the CD changer and Logic7 are separate options for the 550i, that section is actually for the M5--which has Logic7 & CD changer (and aluminum trim) standard--hence the 100% options caption.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='237414' date='Feb 9 2006, 02:23 PM

Good luck; nice number

Ray Hull

Logic 7 and Pro Logic II (Logic circuits) simply take a stereo track and intelligently steer information into a multichannel configuration. They are thought to be most effective when applied to classical and jazz recordings. I still don't think multichannel formats or logic steering makes much sense in cars, and I think the idea of a center channel is nonsense in a car. Why did I buy it? I wanted the other upgrades that the L7 package provided.

My mind keeps running over a pretty big bump when I read this thread. Do we all agree that we mean "the L7 package" when we talk about L7? Or are we talking about the specific feature that is "L7".
Old 02-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' post='237477
Not so. As stated in another post above, the doc posted on the other forum was mangled format-wise, so where it appears the CD changer and Logic7 are separate options for the 550i, that section is actually for the M5--which has Logic7 & CD changer (and aluminum trim) standard--hence the 100% options caption.
[/quote]

It still appears to be offered separately on the 550 option list which is shown before the 550 heading. In the new 550 options it appears to be offered both in the package ans as Logic & only.

I am pretty sure this is the new option list for the MY07 550 because it is the same except for the 4 items from the January bulletin which lists the Night Vision, the HD radio, tire pressure monitor and the new steering wheel.

I will have to wait and see but new info seems to be coming faster now. Sloppy but fast.

Quick Reply: Premium Sound