E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Premium Sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

You may not want the CD changer but the guy that buys your car will. You will get your money back on the other side. Very few people want premium sound without a CD changer, including ipod users like you and I-- the sound quality is so much better IMO than digitally compressed audio.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='237110' date='Feb 8 2006, 08:38 PM
You may not want the CD changer but the guy that buys your car will. You will get your money back on the other side. Very few people want premium sound without a CD changer, including ipod users like you and I-- the sound quality is so much better IMO than digitally compressed audio.

True... but if that was the case I definetly should have gotten NAV! That'll be more of the deal breaker.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Members

Unhappy

I don't understand how the better sound system is standard on a 45,000 car and not on a 70,000 car? That is truly mind boggling. A single CD slot in the dash as provided in the 3 series is sufficent. If you wanted a 6 cd changer, it might be better placed in the trunk, rather than in a cabin that already has no storage space.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jumpinjoe' post='237124
A single CD slot in the dash as provided in the 3 series is sufficent. If you wanted a 6 cd changer, it might be better placed in the trunk, rather than in a cabin that already has no storage space.

HUH? You do know that its "BEHIND" the glovebox right? Even tho its advertised as inside the glove box its waaay deep inside behind... so it does NOT take up any extra space... If you're thinking the old way or Mercedes definition of CD changer in the Glove box then I can tell you thats now how the E60s is.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='237053' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:29 AM
I am torn between a dark color like the Monaco Blue with the constant cleaning, or the Silver Gray which looks nice but I was curious about the Gray/Gray. I want the darker Anthracite wood. That I know would look good with the gray interior but I cant find one car in my dealers lot with that wood to see it.
That's the combo I've ordered and I think it's a great choice. I've tried finding pics because I only saw the colours seperately and not all three together on one car. znod's gallery shows well the Gray/Gray, and there are a few other gallery pics that show the anthracite wood, but this is the only pic I've found with that combination - it's a bit small, it came from bmw.co.uk used car list.

Premium Sound-wbanj72050b501508_03_dl_201005_3.jpg
Old 02-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I like my changer and I have an iPod like MP3 player. But to Znods point, I do not like the sound of MP3s. I have an extra cartridge so I am armed with at least 12 CDs plus the single for long trips, plus SIRIUS. Glad its not in the trunk (CD Changer), and glad its not a slot load like my Audi. I also make my own CDs in "Dave's Favorites" or "Best of" forms in full original audio format. The MP3 player is/was more for air travel. I used to do about 25 flights a year and half of those international. I probably carried every audio playback device known to man.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Gee, I agree with all the recent posts. And, they say that miracles don't happen.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

But to Znods point, I do not like the sound of MP3s.
That's why I use Apple Lossless. I get the convenience of the iPod, without MP3 audio quality loss.
Granted, I don't get as much music on the ipod that way... but 60 gigs is still a lot of room.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jumpinjoe' post='237124
Originally Posted by Veight' post='237053' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:29 AM
I am torn between a dark color like the Monaco Blue with the constant cleaning, or the Silver Gray which looks nice but I was curious about the Gray/Gray. I want the darker Anthracite wood. That I know would look good with the gray interior but I cant find one car in my dealers lot with that wood to see it.
That's the combo I've ordered and I think it's a great choice. I've tried finding pics because I only saw the colours seperately and not all three together on one car. znod's gallery shows well the Gray/Gray, and there are a few other gallery pics that show the anthracite wood, but this is the only pic I've found with that combination - it's a bit small, it came from bmw.co.uk used car list.

Attachment 15298

Thanks, I now have my interior decision taken care of. I just have to see a Gray/Gray to make the exterior descision.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='237293' date='Feb 9 2006, 10:29 AM
But to Znods point, I do not like the sound of MP3s.
That's why I use Apple Lossless. I get the convenience of the iPod, without MP3 audio quality loss.
Granted, I don't get as much music on the ipod that way... but 60 gigs is still a lot of room.
Do you really think the difference between an MP3 and a lossless file can be heard in a car with the road noise. So you really think that maybe 5 years from now when I go to trade this car that the 6 cd changer will be of value to someone?

Quick Reply: Premium Sound