E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering problem anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Future owner of a 535 M Sport on order

I got another problem on my E60 the power steering seems to cut on and off when turning. Does that have to do with stability control? I already have the lit up triangle with the ! on and the my service advisor said its my stability control . The handling on my car seems to be effected by this too. I can't believe this one problem after another, now I know why lots of people were against me buying a Bimmer.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by LA' post='282130' date='May 14 2006, 02:26 AM
I got another problem on my E60 the power steering seems to cut on and off when turning. Does that have to do with stability control? I already have the lit up triangle with the ! on and the my service advisor said its my stability control . The handling on my car seems to be effected by this too. I can't believe this one problem after another, now I know why lots of people were against me buying a Bimmer.
There isn't such a thing as power steering on BMW"s. Do you mean Active Steering? If so get to your dealer as soon as possible to have it taken care of.IMO the people that are were againest you buying a BMW probably never drove one and drive ricers. Just have paitence and get your problem taken of and enjoy your BMW as I know you will and all the people will be envious of you.Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 05-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

The software on my car was updated last week (idrive would not boot up and various other issues). Since then my car started doing the exact same thing. At first I thought it was me, but it kept happening, especially when turning left. I also noticed the car accelerates differently. It seems be slower. Also, instead of acceleration being linear, the car seems lung forward at times (i have 6sp manual). I took it back to service today.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Future owner of a 535 M Sport on order

Originally Posted by vern' post='282204' date='May 14 2006, 10:18 AM
There isn't such a thing as power steering on BMW"s. Do you mean Active Steering? If so get to your dealer as soon as possible to have it taken care of.IMO the people that are were againest you buying a BMW probably never drove one and drive ricers. Just have paitence and get your problem taken of and enjoy your BMW as I know you will and all the people will be envious of you.Good luck
cheers
vern
Oops yea active steering, in fact the only people that were against me buying my Bimmer were actually previous BMW owners. Don't get me wrong I love my E60 but you gotta admit not very reliable vehicles.