E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

potential owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always been a sworn "petrol head" until I started driving BMW 6 cyl diesels. The power and torque are unreal from an engine that sounds great. I have had an E46 330d Sport which I had remapped to 280bhp with 510nm of torque which was sensational - a porche boxter eater all day long. (WARNING: i DID SMASH THE AUTO BOX ON IT DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF TORQUE - EXPENSIVE!!!). I have also had an "04" E60 530d with 218bhp and I now drive a "06" 530d M Sport with 236bhp. Go one try a diesel you won't regret it!

As to Nav and options. Really from a resale point of view Nav, bluetooth and leather are esential and will maximise your return. However previous comments regarding Tom Tom are correct that it is better than that fitted. Choose your colour combination carefully for resale as well. Black is a good interior for my money.

Good luck and enjoy!!!
Attached Thumbnails potential owner-dsc_0010.jpg  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

got it the 25 sec trick here's the link

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=40018

Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

The Sprint Booster is one of the single most important mods an owner can make. Considering its relative cheepness compared to other mods, getting it is a no-brainer!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='736275' date='Dec 2 2008, 06:55 PM
The Sprint Booster is one of the single most important mods an owner can make. Considering its relative cheepness compared to other mods, getting it is a no-brainer!
how much for the booster at the dealer? will it even help my 525i? if i get it elsewhere, will it void any warranty i have?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Members

Thanks again for all replies. This is a great forum !!!

I?ll be in the thinkbox for a while, but I promise to keep you informed.

Visited the dealer again today, by the way, and I think the 523i is the one if the shopping is happening.

Anyone here who owns a 523i manual ??? The dealer says auto is the only option considering resaletime, but experiences appreciated...

Best regards , B.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Contributors

auto e60s will sure have better residual values

The sprintbooster will be $300 or is it $315 from partsexporter andy wong.

-Leon
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

I like dark interiors, adaptive headlights makes driving fun, i havent experience any delay( i'm into M/T)
Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

Originally Posted by papabear' post='735597' date='Dec 1 2008, 10:29 PM
Hello all !

I have been reading these forums for a while, and really enjoyed myself here !
I am a sworn car-nut, and always had a special love for bmw`s.
I have owned three, a 525i e34 (192 bhp), a 320i e36 and a 316i touring e46.
All good, but I miss the dark green 320 i everyday

Anyway, I`m considering getting a new car come 2009, and tested an e60 523iA today.
I currently drive a diesel car (volvo) which is good, but I`ve always loved the sound and feel of those bmw petrol sixes...

The car was great ! Not very fast from standstill, but when pushed it went very well. Refined and sounding wonderful when kicked down

So, a few questions to you experienced guys..

- Is it normal with a slight "delay" when you push the accelerator from standstill. (autobox)
Heard about this with dieselcars, but this is a petrol....

- Do you recommend getting the adaptive headlights ?

- If I decide to shop, I will be getting the M-package for sure. What do you think about the combination spacegrey/natural brown ?

Thanks in advance !

B
yes there is a delay which can be eliminated by Sprint Booster....
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by irony' post='736778' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:24 PM
yes there is a delay which can be eliminated by Sprint Booster....
This mysterious Sprint Booster we hear so much about, appear in almost every thread on here, but what really is it and where can one be purchased and is it as frowned upon by warranties as a chip remap is ?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

Are you getting a brand new one, or are you buying used?

When buying a new one, you can choose between the auto and the manual. Used, you will have a hard time finding a manual. That IS for a reason! You're dealer is right that the resale value of an auto trans is much higher, and to be honest, the auto trans fits best with the car (imo).

Regarding the adaptive lights: imo you do not really need them, although seeing where you come from, it may be usefull. Xenon, on the other hand, is a must for me.

If you're looking forn e60 that handles like an e90, test drive an e60 with Active Front Steering and Dynamic Drive. With these options, the care really feels like a smaller car!

Hope this helps you....

Quick Reply: potential owner