E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pontiac G8 better than BMW E60

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi- Alpine White, Natural Brown Interior, Sport Pack, Premium Pack, Comfort Access, 20 way Multi-contor seats, Navigation, 18" rims, Cold Weather Pack

the Ultimate driving machine is about innovation. They are usually one of the first with technology and aesthetics that the rest usually copy and follow with time so then BMW raises the bar again, for example the bangle butt, the i-drive, etc. This is why you pay a premium because they do things better with thought and reason.

Also this yuppie image is ridiculous, I'm a truck driver that wears carhartt, timberland boots and ripped jeans everywhere, not quite yuppie. I'm just fortunate enough to be able to afford an e60 and have the knowledge to respect what it is I'm buying. In every aspect of this world you pay to have the finer things in life. It doesn't always mean its better, but it usually means you have it first, like with tech. Plasma and HD TVs are a lot cheaper today than 10 years ago, but those that paid a premium had them first and now they are the norm.

Loyalty to BMW comes because people love their cars because they drive great, feel comfortable, and look good. its not blind loyalty there is reason for it. Sort of like loving your wife Im sure my wife would love the fact that im comparing her to my car
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by vrondados' post='555558' date='Apr 3 2008, 04:05 PM
Sort of like loving your wife
Wow, you must REALLY love your wife.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='555781' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:10 PM
Wow, you must REALLY love your wife.
Really!!!! She'd probably be offended but we all know what a touching, honest sentiment and genuine expression of true love you just shared with us by comparing her to your car.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by VHHDT' post='555239' date='Apr 2 2008, 10:18 PM
Spent many years driving Holdens and every time they release a new one, the first thing they aim at is the BMW 5 series. I thought they were ok until I got my first Bimmer. This time around they crowed that the new Commodore (G8) handled the same as the BMW. Just take a look at the lack of gaps in an E60 dash compared to low rent design in the Holden, or have a look at how close the doors are to the body and how consistent the gaps are. The quality of the finish, the materials, the lack of road noise, no flexing in the body shell (door rubbers noisy) etc.

Recently had one for quite a few days. Well I gotta say other than performance, I think the thing is a POS. I had it for a long country drive, and the waist line window height in the rear seat meant my (tallish) 5 year old had to have a booster under the booster seat so he could see out. What 'FAMILY' car has no vision for the kids? Talk about 'are we there yet?' The interior plastic is so soft that it scratches horribly. The multi function trip/nav computer is just INSANE to use (worse than the original Idrive), the seats are shiite, the steering is too light until it loads up, the brakes are a common Holden (GM) failing and the list goes on...

Might as well compare Kmart with Cartier

Cheers

Wow. I love that 05-07 nissan Altima SE-R front end

Those M5-like fenders vents

Those 122-like wheels

And, that BMW E60 sport-like B-pillar treatment

To be fair, im sure that many car designs share similar themes and looks. What kept the E60 apart from the others (and caused quite the ruckus) was its unique styling. From hated to copied (and, ultimately envied), the E60 was, and is, a trailblazing trendsetter.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by gene1' post='555551' date='Apr 3 2008, 03:00 PM
I'll make an acceptation if you're buying.
Is that anything like an "exception?"
Old 04-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by vrondados' post='555558' date='Apr 3 2008, 03:05 PM
... This is why you pay a premium because they do things better with thought and reason.
Don't use the Nav much, eh?

... In every aspect of this world you pay to have the finer things in life. It doesn't always mean its better, ...
Isn't that the essence of "finer?"

Loyalty to BMW comes because people love their cars because they drive great, feel comfortable, and look good. its not blind loyalty there is reason for it. ...
Really now? Have you read some of these posts?? Some of it is 100% badge chasing.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='555976' date='Apr 4 2008, 09:27 AM
Is that anything like an "exception?"

Sort of except I started to type that I was accepting a drink rather than excepting my rule, except I changed my mind mid type.
Except in this case an acceptation of a free domestic beer would be the exception.

Oh never-mind! Aren't you in Germany using bablefish to translate anyway!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by gene1' post='556071' date='Apr 4 2008, 11:12 AM
Sort of except I started to type that I was accepting a drink rather than excepting my rule, except I changed my mind mid type.
Except in this case an acceptation of a free domestic beer would be the exception.

Oh never-mind! Aren't you in Germany using bablefish to translate anyway!
I got dizzy just reading this!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

i just seen the commecial is so tacky, the guy talking sounds like a prick
Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Are we still talking about this?

This thread won't die!

Quick Reply: Pontiac G8 better than BMW E60