E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pontiac G8 better than BMW E60

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka' post='554956' date='Apr 2 2008, 03:07 PM
I said GM is narrowing the PERFORMANCE gap. I never said anything about aesthetics.

I can't believe you just said that

It kinda gives credibility to my previous statement about liking to "own" vs. liking to "drive" a BMW.

So tell us just what IS it about a BMW that chicks can differentiate from a Pontiac besides the amount of disposable income it takes to own one???
Pukka - No offense but you need to learn to take a joke... but joke or not, its true. If you want to know why its true, there is a simple solution: Pull up to a chick in your shiny BMW (that you seem to be ashamed to own) and ask one.

Other than that, you are clearly looking for a fight on this and have now taken several shots at fellow forum members and the BMW Nation at large. If you want people that agree with you that the G8 is in any way-shape-or-form on par with the E60, you should probably find another forum as that dog simply won't hunt here. The people that inhabit this forum have chosen to drive what is largely regarded as the single most competent all-around vehicle on the planet because its the single most competent all-around vehicle on the planet.

The fact that the chicks dig it is just gravy...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle' post='554994' date='Apr 2 2008, 03:20 PM
Pukka - No offense but you need to learn to take a joke... but joke or not, its true. If you want to know why its true, there is a simple solution: Pull up to a chick in your shiny BMW (that you seem to be ashamed to own) and ask one.

Other than that, you are clearly looking for a fight on this and have now taken several shots at fellow forum members and the BMW Nation at large. If you want people that agree with you that the G8 is in any way-shape-or-form on par with the E60, you should probably find another forum as that dog simply won't hunt here. The people that inhabit this forum have chosen to drive what is largely regarded as the single most competent all-around vehicle on the planet because its the single most competent all-around vehicle on the planet.

The fact that the chicks dig it is just gravy...
No offense taken and I haven't called anybody out by name on this forum. I'm not looking for a fight, but I will speak my mind whether its on this forum or anywhere else. And if you are going to quote me, at least take the time to thoroughly read and understand my post before you respond - because I will use your response against you.

As for taking a joke - that should have been done after my very first post on this thread. But we all know how that went

The G8 is the G8
The E60 is the E60
I never tried to convince anybody the G8 is on par with the E60
BUT
Performance numbers and car reviews speak for themselves. Nuff said

Chicks dig a shiny new ANYTHING on wheels, and a shiny new BMW means MONEY. And if you get a kick out of being noticed in your shiny new BMW, then my statement about owning vs. driving applies.

I'm not ashamed to own a BMW, but I am disappointed in the "tainted" persona that apparently comes with owning one.
Bottom line is the BMW nation and I don't see eye to eye.

I'm done with this thread as long as nobody else quotes me. PEACE
Old 04-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by pukka' post='554956' date='Apr 2 2008, 03:07 PM
I said GM is narrowing the PERFORMANCE gap. I never said anything about aesthetics.

I can't believe you just said that

It kinda gives credibility to my previous statement about liking to "own" vs. liking to "drive" a BMW.

So tell us just what IS it about a BMW that chicks can differentiate from a Pontiac besides the amount of disposable income it takes to own one???

Really? What part are you having trouble with?

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among them is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible."
-- P.J. O'Rourke

Its not news to you is it? Sorry to have to burst the bubble for you but thats the unfortunate materialistic world we live in.
Would you like to hear about watches next?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by gene1' post='555070' date='Apr 2 2008, 06:02 PM
Really? What part are you having trouble with?

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among them is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible."
-- P.J. O'Rourke

Its not news to you is it? Sorry to have to burst the bubble for you but thats the unfortunate materialistic world we live in.
Would you like to hear about watches next?
Do you think I'm that naive?

I know first hand what a nice watch, nice tie, and even nice shoes can get you in to

Free beer for you
Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by pukka' post='555076' date='Apr 2 2008, 06:09 PM
Free beer for you
I haven't quoted you in any way, good or bad. Can I get free beer?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Members

jeremy clarkson of top gear reviews and compares the G8 to the 5

Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='555085' date='Apr 2 2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't quoted you in any way, good or bad. Can I get free beer?

Me too on the FREE BEER...thanks PUKKA...you're an OK guy
Old 04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Clarkson "...But it's behind everything from Europe."
Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by StealthM8' post='555125' date='Apr 2 2008, 05:52 PM
Clarkson "...But it's behind everything from Europe."
He was talking about the track time - and in fairness, it was wet!!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Wow, I just found a G8 chrome logo on eBay. I wonder if I rebadge my 550 anyone will know.

Quick Reply: Pontiac G8 better than BMW E60