E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Placed the order today

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Congratulations----the waiting is really really hard

But I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Mine is scheduled to get to port one week from today!!! I'm hoping to have it before the New Year.

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Red
Members

My Ride: MY06 530i, US Spec, Premium, Nav, HUD, Comfort seats, CWP, Sport package, Rear side airbags. Produced Sep 06.

Nice options, but think about adding Sport and Nav. How long is the wait now for a 550? I ordered back in June and production was last week of Sep.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Sports and Active ya they get my vote. Especially sports.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Welcome, and great car. Everyone will suggest what they bought. I wanted to stay within BMW specs, do business with my BMW dealer, and get wheels that have great styling, are larger, and are very light. So, I chose BMW 101's. Look at the first set of "Mind-Candy" 545i photos linked in my sig.
[/quote]

I would also strong suggest that you stick to OEM BMW wheels, for safty and quality.

And personally I wouldn't go for larger than 19" wheels, for the same reasons + comfort.

I really like vnods car, it has personality without beeing overly tuned

Here's a real BMW classic 18" (F:245/40 R 18, R: 275/35 R 18) wheel that I have not seen on any E60 yet.
They could look really nice with the Sports suspension.

Anyone have pics on a E60 with Styling 32 wheels?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Red' post='209586' date='Dec 10 2005, 05:10 PM
Nice options, but think about adding Sport and Nav. How long is the wait now for a 550? I ordered back in June and production was last week of Sep.

Red,

I thought about the sport package but do not like the harshness of the ride and I like comfort seats ore than sport seats. The only item that really interests me from the sports package is the ARS. The active steering is something I can live with or without so no loss there but the nav is something I still have not ruled out totally. I must admit I am not a big fan of BMW nav units. I think they are over priced for their limited capability. You can accomplish the same task with a much less expensive portable unit.

I could have the car in Feb if I wanted it but I will shoot for Apr/May timeframe.

B2
Old 12-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by B2round' post='209651

Red,

I thought about the sport package but do not like the harshness of the ride and I like comfort seats ore than sport seats. The only item that really interests me from the sports package is the ARS. The active steering is something I can live with or without so no loss there but the nav is something I still have not ruled out totally. I must admit I am not a big fan of BMW nav units. I think they are over priced for their limited capability. You can accomplish the same task with a much less expensive portable unit.

I could have the car in Feb if I wanted it but I will shoot for Apr/May timeframe.

B2
[/quote]
I do suggest that you get NAV. Besides NAV, you then will have the large screen for the iDrive--at least if the US and Germany are the same on this issue.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='209592' date='Dec 10 2005, 11:20 AM
Here's a real BMW classic 18" (F:245/40 R 18, R: 275/35 R 18) wheel that I have not seen on any E60 yet.
They could look really nice with the Sports suspension.

Anyone have pics on a E60 with Styling 32 wheels?
Yes.
Attached Thumbnails Placed the order today-bmw_20117.jpg  
Old 12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I respect your choices but you MUST get SPORTS PACKAGE. A Bmw just doesnt feel the same without it. The E60's sport suspension is not as rough as previous models + you get ARS. I had a 2002 540 with sports suspension and I have to agree the ride was very stiff, but now on my 550 its perfect. Just my 02 cents. GODD LUCK WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE
Old 12-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

about the nav -
I did lots of reasearch and for navigation purposes the BMW one does not compare to the portable units - so I did not get it
but you do get the voice stuff - which adds not only to the nav but also some functions to the phone - so it may be someting to consider

but I do agree = the hardcore NAV people generally do not like factory NAV becasue of lack of options and hard to upgrade
but there is something about the built in look
Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='209798
about the nav -
I did lots of reasearch and for navigation purposes the BMW one does not compare to the portable units - so I did not get it
but you do get the voice stuff - which adds not only to the nav but also some functions to the phone - so it may be someting to consider

but I do agree = the hardcore NAV people generally do not like factory NAV becasue of lack of options and hard to upgrade
but there is something about the built in look

DGJK,

If you had it to do all over again what would you do? Do you regret not getting the NAV?

B2

Quick Reply: Placed the order today