E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of my UK 530d SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

Well I've reduced the size to 1024 width, hope thats small enough for most forum users!

It's a UK 530d SE Auto

I have had it two months,

It came with these options:

Grey Dakota Leather
"Business" SatNav
Bluetooth Preparation
18" style 124 alloys with runflats

I have carried out the following modifications so far:

CIP Software update to enable mp3s

19" 166M wheels with eibach pro 12mm (24mm total track widening) spacers, wrapped in Falken GRB FK 452 275/30 R19 Z on the backs and Falken GRB FK 452 245/35 R19 Y on the fronts

Wooden interior bought from a new m5 owner who ended up with a spare interior due to factory supplying him with wood when he ordered piano black!

M5 Rear Bumper

M5/M-tech boot lip spoiler

M5 trunk finisher

M5 Side Skirts

M-Tech sport front bumper with fogs

AC Schnitzer roof spoiler

DeChromed

colour coded kidney grilles (simply primed the original chrome ones and painted the chrome section)

M5 style quad exhaust

LED Tail lights (installed after pics taken)

following bulbs replaced with pure white leds: door puddles, glovebox, boot, numberplate, interior, reverse.
this really helps lose all the "dirty yellow" lighting around and in the car.

"light smoke" tints on front windows and "dark smoke" tints on backs and back windscreen (sorry not sure of percentages)

rubber boot mat to protect the boot carpet!

Hometronic Garage Door Opening Mirror (not complete yet, having problems with this one...)

///M badge ........ (I'm running for cover already.....) I'm not trying to pretend it's an M5, if I was I'd have gone for the m5 grilles, I just think its at the stage where it deserves the M badge! (_not_ an M5 badge)

Modifications to come:

sound system upgrade (from awful basic uk spec which is worse than basic us spec)
M5 mirrors
20mm lowering with eibach springs
comfort seats for the front
sportier steering wheel (AC Schnitzer perhaps?)
bi-xenons
something to brighten up angel eyes (umnitza predator?)

Any comments greatly appreciated!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

wow its really nice

What about Xenons as a future mod?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='334042' date='Sep 13 2006, 05:26 PM
wow its really nice

What about Xenons as a future mod?
you can tell from the pic? yeah I badly want them, but If im going to start working on the headlights, I'll want bi-xenons and angel eye upgrade, which means i can't just go down the simple route of putting xenons with ballasts in my existing units, because i'd then be sick having done all that work and still having yellowish angel rings which i wouldnt be able to upgrade (angel eye upgrades only fit proper xenon units)

Paul at mstyle told me that in order to put proper bi-xenon headlamps into the car, i'd need to order new "control units" from bmw, as these "control units are needed and must be coded to the car, which can only be done once. (can anyone verify this?) so proper bi-xenon retrofit looks like a crazy expensive thing to do which only makes me want it more...
Old 09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

///M :'(
Old 09-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='334051' date='Sep 13 2006, 06:10 PM
///M :'(
- has enough M-tech gear to warrant it, no?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlVal' post='334039' date='Sep 13 2006, 05:20 PM
Any comments greatly appreciated!
Yeah, lose the dodgy number plate!

a) It will fail an MOT (When due)
b) It doesn't adhere to the Charles Wright font and doesn't have 35mm between groups, so you'll end up with a fine...
c) The Police *will* pull you over!
d) Sends the wrong (stereotyped) message about BMW drivers...

Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

so far one of the most neat moded e60 on this board. You gotta love what this guy has done here, its not too much on your face yet it looks so relaxed even with the dual exhaust. Perfect mate between the devil and the saint.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

nice rims, nice quads, m rear and spoiler. No offence, but i should also remove the ///M badge...

Otherwise your car looks good, does it also sound as good?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

nice car....but lose the m badge and change the license plate....too childish IMO....and this coming from a 21 yr old...
Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='334067' date='Sep 13 2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, lose the dodgy number plate!

a) It will fail an MOT (When due)

legal plates in the boot , obviously will hang them for mot

b) It doesn't adhere to the Charles Wright font and doesn't have 35mm between groups, so you'll end up with a fine...

gimme a break officer

c) The Police *will* pull you over!

havent come across _that_ type of officer so far.. had the plate many years.

d) Sends the wrong (stereotyped) message about BMW drivers...

hehe, well its true!

Quick Reply: Pictures of my UK 530d SE