E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pics of my new car

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Sports suspension, AC schnitzer/Lumma aero kit, Schnitzer Type III silver wheels ( 19x 8.5 front, 19x 9.5 rear) steptronic, two Primier Subs (1000 watts each), two Pioneer mono Amps (1000 watt each). I just made some new changes to my "baby". Rear Lumma bumper with quard exhaust and carbon grill. I also shave the number off the rear.

I like you ride man......good. While you are checking all those fabulouse ride out there, look at mine in the gallery undre user name Dominica, and tell me what you think.

Peace
Old 05-23-2005, 08:54 AM
stu
Members

Welcome. Great pics gudge.

How much % discount do you reckon you got?
Do you recommend the dealer?

Finally, just one more Q.
What child seat do you recommend for a 15kg 20month old ? Our youngster is outgrowing his present one fast!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stu' date='May 23 2005, 05:54 PM
Welcome. Great pics gudge.

How much % discount do you reckon you got?
Do you recommend the dealer?

What child seat do you recommend for a 15kg 20month old ? Our youngster is outgrowing his present one fast!
[snapback]132237[/snapback]
Thanks. For car seats I use Britax Eclipse. Its forward facing. Quite heavy if you keep taking it in and out of the car......but otherwise good. Should last the baby until about 2 and a half years.........at which point we switched to a booster seat (one with a seat back too).

In terms of discount it's difficult to tell......my car is on a lease, and I do low mileage.
But if I give you some headline numbers and assumptions, you can probably get an idea:
List price - ?35,000
Residual value after 2 years c. ?22,000 (Although I bet they mark it up on forecourt for closer to ?28k!).
Taking account of my deposit and monthly repayments, I believe I have got a discount of between 12 and 15 percent.

Does that sound good?
Personally, the main criteria for me was affordability..........I could so I did !
Old 05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Contributors

that is a good discount. My dealer told me (and I have no reason to dis-believe him) that UK dealers get 8% off from BMW so that is the margin you have to play with when dealing with them. However if they meet their sales targets then BMW increase that margin to 10% and back date it. Now some dealers are prepared to offer discounts upto this 10% based on them expecting to achieve their targets. Others are not prepared to take this risk so you only have upto 8% to play with.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stu' date='May 23 2005, 05:54 PM
[snapback]132237[/snapback]
I'd go for an ISOFIX child seat. We put my son in a Britax Duo Isofix when I we had an X-Type and much prefer the ISOFIX way the seat is attached to the car rather than using the seatbelt to fix it in. We felt the seat was 100% secure.

The Britax ISOFIX isn't tested with the E60 unfortunately so don't know if it would work or not however i believe BMW do their own ISOFIX seat.

My son is now 4 and has moved onto a booster seat but ISOFIX is definitely the way to go IMHO in preference to to seatbelts.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='May 24 2005, 10:51 AM
that is a good discount. My dealer told me (and I have no reason to dis-believe him) that UK dealers get 8% off from BMW so that is the margin you have to play with when dealing with them. However if they meet their sales targets then BMW increase that margin to 10% and back date it. Now some dealers are prepared to offer discounts upto this 10% based on them expecting to achieve their targets. Others are not prepared to take this risk so you only have upto 8% to play with.
[snapback]132584[/snapback]
Mathmos, I think I also bought around the right time too........end of March, that is when dealers are trying to meet their sales targets. I got my deal from HR Owen Holland Park.........but I test drove the car at Whitehouse Ruxley.......and I was surprised to see that Ruxley came very close to the HR Owen deal........within ?15 per month.........but they said it would be conditional on me taking the car before the end of March......hence the good deal. They were actually quite peeved (but pathetically helpless) when I told them HR Owen were beating their deal, and giving me the option of an April delivery.
They gave me the usual crap like........."I'd be very surprised if there isn't a hidden catch in that deal sir".

But get this, HR Owen were even more cheeky; they registered the car in March........thus getting their sales bonus, but didn't give me the car until late April..........BMW Financial Services dated my hire agreement to run 2 years from 31 March. When I told them I only got the car in late April, they weren't too happy about that. But it was not my problem, and I think they sorted it with their dealer.

My advice is if you are buying new, then do it in late March........the dealers are bending over backwards to meet their volume targets.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='122458' date='May 1 2005, 12:58 PM
Hi all. Finally picked up my car on Tuesday. Only got around to cleaning it this weekend.
Cheers.
Gudge.
Almost 2 years on (I'm a bit lazy about cleaning !).........some further pics.
No, the car is going back in a couple of weeks (2 year lease ends), so I thought I'd post some pics for posterity.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new car-p9080009.jpg   Pics of my new car-p9080008.jpg   Pics of my new car-p9080004.jpg  
Old 04-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='411371' date='Apr 8 2007, 09:37 AM
Almost 2 years on (I'm a bit lazy about cleaning !).........some further pics.
Don't know what you mean, the car looks as good as the day you got it - can't see any of the stone chips on the front like I have on my one year old.

Have you moved house as well? What are you getting next - an LCI E60?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dawi' post='411386' date='Apr 8 2007, 11:52 AM
Don't know what you mean, the car looks as good as the day you got it - can't see any of the stone chips on the front like I have on my one year old.
What are you getting next - an LCI E60?
Here she is: Details on my new signature.

Pics of my new car-g5nav_003.jpg

Pics of my new car-g5nav_001.jpg

Pics of my new car-g5nav_002.jpg
Old 04-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='124184' date='May 4 2005, 09:20 PM
Congrats !!

congrats it looks hot

Quick Reply: Pics of my new car