E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jun 6 2005, 03:23 AM
Same thing happened to mine. After the dealer fixed it for me, a few days later the Warning system came back again. Now i'm just too tired to bring it to the dealer again.?

Oh and you certainly do not have to pay for it. It is under warranty..?
[snapback]136600[/snapback]
I know u don't have to pay for it.. The talk was my local BMW service department states on there web site that they only give loaners to people that bought there car from them, I got the car used (at a MB dealership but the car was first bought at that peabody bmw maybe I can say it was my cousin and I got it off of them ) if anyone thinks I'll get a free loaner if they need my car for a few days.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Contributors

I had this alarm, but with a quick reset the dealer fixed everything. Not a big malfunction, dealer said, only one chip (Passenger side restraint) not communicating correctly with main unit system.
skorpyo25
Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by skorpyo25' date='Jun 6 2005, 05:36 PM
I had this alarm, but with a quick reset the dealer fixed everything. Not a big malfunction, dealer said, only one chip (Passenger side restraint) not communicating correctly with main unit system.
skorpyo25
[snapback]136829[/snapback]
OK droped my baby off today for it's first time to BMW. That is so cool how you just give them the key and they put it in that key reader and it tells all about the car NEAT. I asked what ver. they had if my car had to have software updated and they said he thinks 16.3 (what where the 16.3 fix's on non nav e60's) and as far as the loaner they use Enterprise and you get $35.00 a day but I had some options and for $10.00 a day (out of my pocket) I upgraded to a volvo (wouldn't call it that much of an upgrade ) it's ok they just got it in from a different enterprise and it was better than a ford focus right? So so far very good experience. The guy told me "what do you want to do" as far as leaving and I said I brought my book and I can stay he said if you need software updateing it could be all day and I said can I get a loaner? He said did you get your car from us, and I said uuummmmm and he said Honestly, and I said Honestly no, but my car was bought from BMW of Peabody less than a year ago and he said I see that, then he said "I play stupid today" let's go get you a car, that was nice of him... so so far so good. He seemed very smart when talking about the E60 but he said he loved the last verison of the 540 that was his fav. he said. He also talked A LOT about the new 330, but he spent a lot of time with me looking things up on his computer when I asked about mp3 playing (he didn't really understand my question and started looking up Ipod hook up and stuff so I didn't say anything) and if I got the back & front parking beeper thing if it could be tied into my Idrive like if it was bought with that option and he said he would have to get back to me on that.
Good news is that he looked up my car and the only other time it was in for anything was when it came in for pick up when brand new.
I miss her already the volvo is kind of like driving an old caddi (have had a few caddi's in my day) and the back kind of seemed floaty when driving but all in all it's an OK car but don't know if I would ever buy one.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Just got a call from Tom at the service center. They are having problems with my car, said they have to contact BMW or somthing. It has to do with the i-drive and the joystick they said.. So I guess there was somthing wrong with my i-drive huh... I wonder what is wrong? Said they will get in touch with me in the morning.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Members

I had a problem like this and the wipers would not shut off. Turns out it was a Cam Angle Sensor or related fuse. The part was on recall. No more problems with it since touching wood
Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by John007' post='135748' date='Jun 3 2005, 10:26 AM
I'm getting a warning every time I start my car now "Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction" and the airbag sign stays up on my screen, has this happened to anyone? Also since I didn't get my car at the BMW dealership I'm going to bring it to does BMW give you a loaner car if they are going to have it over a day? I know most places (non BMW) do, I read on the BMW of Peabody web site Loaner if you bought your car from them, but I didn't know if that was a loaner for any reason (ex. oil change)

This happened me too. Just give the seatbelt a few slaps and it should go away, it did for me and I havent seen it since. I love technology