E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I'm getting a warning every time I start my car now "Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction" and the airbag sign stays up on my screen, has this happened to anyone? Also since I didn't get my car at the BMW dealership I'm going to bring it to does BMW give you a loaner car if they are going to have it over a day? I know most places (non BMW) do, I read on the BMW of Peabody web site Loaner if you bought your car from them, but I didn't know if that was a loaner for any reason (ex. oil change)
Old 06-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

I had the airbag light too. It's in the shop right now. They should give you a car to use. It may not be a loaner. It may be a Enterprise rental or something.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:26 AM
I'm getting a warning every time I start my car now "Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction" and the airbag sign stays up on my screen, has this happened to anyone?? Also since I didn't get my car at the BMW dealership I'm going to bring it to does BMW give you a loaner car if they are going to have it over a day?? I know most places (non BMW) do, I read on the BMW of Peabody web site Loaner if you bought your car from them, but I didn't know if that was a loaner for any reason (ex. oil change)
[snapback]135748[/snapback]
do I pay??? I called and made an apointment for wed. and I was like what if you have to keep the car??? he was like don't worry we won't leave you stranded so I hope that ment I will get a car.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Senior Members

no, you don't have to pay. the only time you have to pay is if the rental is given to you full tank but you return it a bit less. you normally get a loaner when you make an appointment couple weeks ahead of time or you'll get a rental.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:06 PM
[quote name='John007' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:26 AM']I'm getting a warning every time I start my car now "Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction" and the airbag sign stays up on my screen, has this happened to anyone?? Also since I didn't get my car at the BMW dealership I'm going to bring it to does BMW give you a loaner car if they are going to have it over a day?? I know most places (non BMW) do, I read on the BMW of Peabody web site Loaner if you bought your car from them, but I didn't know if that was a loaner for any reason (ex. oil change)
[snapback]135748[/snapback]
do I pay??? I called and made an apointment for wed. and I was like what if you have to keep the car??? he was like don't worry we won't leave you stranded so I hope that ment I will get a car.
[snapback]135917[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have always gotten a free loaner from my othre cars, but BMW of peabody has something on there page that say's you only get loaner car's if you bought your car from them, and I didn't
Old 06-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

depends on the dealers. some dealers won't give loaner unless you get the car from them. obviously peabody is one of them :'(.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

It is dealer to dealer. My dealer kept my car for 37 days and wouldn't give me a loaner.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

we have 2 dealers near me and neither one was where I bought the car. The first one I went to made a huge fuss and wouldn't give me a loaner car and actually said that they would not give me the same service as for people who got the car from them initially.

So guess what? I take my car to the other dealer and they are top notch pro's and always give me a loaner.

Any dealer who is that short-sighted deserves to lose business

(PS Sue, I thought you were oughta here. I haven't seen your posts in ages)
Old 06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

gdavis, if i were you, i would talk to the president of the first dealer and tell him what happened. i'm sure he/she will do something about it. probably will give you better service later even you didn't get the car from them. those people work in dealers need to get their a$$e$ kicked sometimes .
Old 06-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Same thing happened to mine. After the dealer fixed it for me, a few days later the Warning system came back again. Now i'm just too tired to bring it to the dealer again.

Oh and you certainly do not have to pay for it. It is under warranty..

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Restraint System Malfunction