E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Air Bag Notification

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

Whats up everyone!

I have an 06 530i that very time I start the car, with no passenger, the light comes on up top saying passenger air bag not active or whatever. The light will then promply go off. My wife's X3 leaves the light on all the time when I drive it with no one in the passenger seat but I know that does not mean mine should.

Just wondering if you guys have the same expirence or if the light stays on. I know there is a recall on this sensor so it will be covered, that and the passenger seatbelt detection is all good so I just wanted to ping you good people.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm in Ohio and went to the National Museum of the US Air Force, way friggin cool. So Ohio has one cool thing, other than that it will be cold soon and will return to sucking....

PEACE!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i, Full M-Tech kit, CF Hamann front lip, M5 trunk lid, 20" iForged swift, LCI Tail Lights, Remus Quad Exhaust.

Originally Posted by SCardamon' post='1050602' date='Nov 9 2009, 03:39 AM
Whats up everyone!

I have an 06 530i that very time I start the car, with no passenger, the light comes on up top saying passenger air bag not active or whatever. The light will then promply go off. My wife's X3 leaves the light on all the time when I drive it with no one in the passenger seat but I know that does not mean mine should.

Just wondering if you guys have the same expirence or if the light stays on. I know there is a recall on this sensor so it will be covered, that and the passenger seatbelt detection is all good so I just wanted to ping you good people.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm in Ohio and went to the National Museum of the US Air Force, way friggin cool. So Ohio has one cool thing, other than that it will be cold soon and will return to sucking....

PEACE!
I searched the forums a couple weeks back for the same exact problem, some people said it was a error that only the dealership could clear up. Make sure you take it to the dealer, they said my car (07' 530i) had a faulty battery that caused the airbag malfunction error to pop up and they had to clear it up and reprogram the idrive. Hope this helps you out and hopefully everything turns out great. Good Luck!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

Thanks man!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Members

There is a recall on the Passenger Seat Airbag Sensor. Got mine fixed a few weeks ago at the dealer. Totally free. Call your dealership and give them your VIN. They should be able to see if the recall applies/was done already over the phone.