E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

parcel shelf rattle fixed...but

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car back from dealers yesterday after 3 days. Parcel shelf replaced with new one and all rattles now gone-the difference is remarkeable. However I immediately noticed the new parcel shelf was not made of the same material as the old one. My car is an M Sport model and has Anthracite roof lining as standard. The same material is used on the pillars and parcel shelf. The new parcel shelf is for an SE model and is a totally different material.I rang dealer and after checking they confirmed the wrong part had been ordered. Another 3 days at dealers is therefore required.
Regular forum readers will recall that when my car first went into dealers the dealers made a mess of the paintwork after washing the car. Although the dealer has admitted in writing that they are at fault I am still awaiting a satisfactory conclusion.
Whilst car in at dealers they loaned me a new 318i. The 318 was very underpowered and felt cheap compared to the E60. Although I have had many E36 and E46 in the past cannot imagine going back to a 3 now.
Mark
Old 03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

either way make sure you keep documents and pics of all the wrong and damage caused..... then maybe send the file to BMW UK or something....
or just throw the file to your dealers owner and ask for a compensation.... I'm sure they would not want a bad publicity
Old 03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I have very hard to believe that the parcel shelf material would vary from M to the SE model.

You see, the SE model is not a BMW thing, it's only a UK marketing trick,
this matter have been discussed before on this Forum.

The change in material must be a BMW development thing.

You are so right what comes the the E90, even as an nice car it is.
There's no way to stepping down from the E60.