E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Our Baby Was Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Brave wife! Glad shes ok and glad you got the plate to that #*%#
Old 12-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Glad your wife is ok because as you said it could have been worse.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Your wife has some balls!

Glad she's ok
Old 12-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='212726
I am very sorry. And, I am very glad that your wife is fine and that she got the plate number. But, be careful; you don't know who you are dealing with. And, anyone who runs from a simple dent-the-rear accident may not be someone you want to know--or his or her relatives. Below is my latest get-hit incident--due to a nice young guy going way too fast on a freeway while talking on his cell phone. My wife and I had a period where 4 people hit us in a period of 6 months.
Dude how the hell did that circle get there lol im sorry but that jsut loks so funny..

but ya sorry to hear about the hit as long as everyone was ok thats what matters!
[/quote]
I thought you'd never ask. Well, I was minding my own business going down the freeway at about 55 mph in fairly heavy traffic. The young guy was coming up from behind way too fast talking on his cell phone. When he realized he was too fast, he hit his brakes and smashed the right rear of the car several lengths behind me. Then, he continued by that car on the right. As he proceeded, his left front wheel came off and he swerved to the left in front of the car he had hit and several lanes to the left. Then, he swerved quickly to the right almost broadsiding me. With his wheels, which protruded from his fenders, turned left when he hit me, the very cool ring was produced. The RX-7 continued perfectly straight probably because I was hit dead center. I had not idea he was coming, and his impact sounded like a bomb going off. It woke me up. Darn.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

damn two crazie stories in one thread! but the most important fact is that no one is severly injured or in the hospital. People take driving as a joke nowdays and it's truly sad, we can only hope to keep our eyes open for such idiots.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Simple1' post='212814' date='Dec 18 2005, 10:46 AM
damn two crazie stories in one thread! but the most important fact is that no one is severly injured or in the hospital. People take driving as a joke nowdays and it's truly sad, we can only hope to keep our eyes open for such idiots.
I object your honor. He called my client an "idiot." And, "aren't we all Bozos [or idiots] on this bus" at one time or another. "Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk." Just sort on asking that we not call others idiots. If I did, then I wouldn't be able to look in the mirror without saying "idiot" given some of the dumbs that I have done.

But, yes, my story definitely is a crazy one. And, to follow up, the nice young guy went to court. His defense was that someone must not have tightened his left front wheel properly. After making his defense, the judge smiled and ask "is that your whole defense." He was found guilty, duh, of whatever he was charged with even though the two of us who testified "for the prosecution" tried to be as easy on him as we could and still tell the truth.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='212628' date='Dec 17 2005, 05:05 PM
Hi SFBimmer,

Sorry to hear the news
I'm glad to hear that your wife is O.K. Hit and Run?....Bast*ard. I have to commend your wife for tracking the culprit down. I really do hope the police do something about this. At the very least there should be some sort of greater penalty for a hit and run.

As miss525i said earlier, I too feel like I'm *almost* in accidents everyday. The typical situation for me is the stop and go traffic on 237, 880, 680 (I see you're from the Bay Area too) around the Silicon Valley area. I always give myself plenty of room ahead of me when cars come to a stop. In some cases I'll use that extra room in the front to move forward for the idiot behind me that realizes a bit late that cars are stopping and needs to use the space I just gave him to avoid hitting me!

Well, last week (I don't know what compelled me to take the 328i that day instead of my 530i....) traffic stopped on 237. Car behind me was coming in awfully fast. I move forward with the extra space I gave myself. The car behind me stopped just in time. It was the Jaguar behind him that didn't stop in time, slammed into the car behind me, and because the car behind me was awfully close lunged into the back of my 328i...

Minor damage to my 328i's bumper, but enough to have to wait for the Highway Patrol and have the bumper repaired. $700 repair on my $500 deductible.

I hope that they catch the guy. By the look of your photos it looks like just the bumper and exhaust tips were damaged. It doesn't look like any compromise was made to the internal structural integrity of your E60.

Good Luck.
-CoolTones

Whats with california drivers, I was out there a couple of years ago, and I couldnt beleive the driving. I know there is alot of traffic on the freeways, but I couldnt get used people going 95mph and then in a split second be completly parked on the freeway. Everyone knows there is going to be traffic ahead, why go 95+mph. I goto NYC every other weekend and they have alot of traffic too, but they drive acordingly. SAVE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR CAR, SLOW DOWN.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Sad news but now you have some excuse to get the M-Tech Kit!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

And a new performance exhaust while you're at it.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Sorry about your car. Tell your wife "Good Job".
I've noticed it's pretty dangerous out there at this time of the year. (Everybody is in a hurry to spend their money at christmas time). Just yesterday I almost got nailed twice from behind as my lane slowed and people behind were looking behind them to change lanes. Pretty scary! Everybody be careful and safe during the holidays.