E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bardel' post='460420' date='Aug 20 2007, 02:07 PM
Just had a call from my dealer this morning, I was told 30th September originally, currently they are saying 2nd or 3rd week in September now. They can't give a date any firmer than that just yet, but called to ask me to go complete the Dvla paperwork and arrange insurance etc.

So it's getting closer... Still trying not to get excited though. I go away in mid September (in the UK) and I bet the car won't be ready in time
Another call from the dealer today, the car has been "consigned" which I think means it's practically ready for shipping??? Anyway, that means they can progress with the DVLA registration paperwork now, currently estimated delivery to the dealer is the 15th September which is a Saturday, so with 3 days for PDI that means about 20th for collection.

Currently hassling them to see if they can do it any earlier as I go away in the UK on the 14th and it would be so much nicer to go in the new car.... We shall see.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Members

Any more updates guys?

I might phone my dealer tomorrow to see if mine has moved forward.

One thing, was your actual build date moved forward?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='465678' date='Sep 4 2007, 10:50 AM
Any more updates guys?

I haven't had any update unfortunately!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='465678' date='Sep 4 2007, 04:50 PM
Any more updates guys?

No change on the date on mine currently, although the dealer is keeping me posted every 2-3 days. I don't know the actual week mine was scheduled for build, I only know it was being built in August with an estimated delivery date of 30th September, so currently, delivery is 2 weeks early, whether thats related to being built slightly earlier than anticipated I don't know?

Will let you know if I get another update, getting excited now! Keep seeing loads of 5ers on the roads now though!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Dealer sent me an email to say that my car is scheduled to be built in two weeks ... originally it was start of September. Does anybody know what the approximate wait from start of build to key-handover in the UK is?

PS - have you seen the new design of the comfort seats in the other thread, it's a big difference and they don't look half as good as the old ones. I sincerely hope they are as comfortable or I'm going to be very disappointed, as changing my current 530d to a new 535d was heavily influenced by lack of comfort seats.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

I think you are looking at 2 - 3 weeks from build to handover.

Worth the wait but it will seem like an age!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='465788' date='Sep 4 2007, 03:12 PM
PS - have you seen the new design of the comfort seats in the other thread, it's a big difference and they don't look half as good as the old ones. I sincerely hope they are as comfortable or I'm going to be very disappointed, as changing my current 530d to a new 535d was heavily influenced by lack of comfort seats.
Absolutely agree, look completely inferior but I guess the proof of the pudding is in the sitting. Hopefully they must still be more comfy than the Sports seats which gave me backache.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Members

Update from my dealer today.....

Car arrives tomorrow

They will start work on the PDI asap and I will be collecting it on Monday at 9am!

Only downer is the missus can't get time off work and it's a joint purchase so it's a bit gutting that she can't be there for the collection. I asked the dealer for a slot later that day, but they are booked full with new car deliveries apparently.

Good news is that we'll have the car for our holidays!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bardel' post='466136' date='Sep 5 2007, 02:00 PM
Update from my dealer today.....

Car arrives tomorrow

They will start work on the PDI asap and I will be collecting it on Monday at 9am!

Only downer is the missus can't get time off work and it's a joint purchase so it's a bit gutting that she can't be there for the collection. I asked the dealer for a slot later that day, but they are booked full with new car deliveries apparently.

Good news is that we'll have the car for our holidays!
Great news mate. We expect pictures, and lots of them!

Tried to get through to my dealer today, but can't get hold of the SA I've been dealing with.

Will try again tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bardel' post='466136' date='Sep 5 2007, 01:00 PM
Only downer is the missus can't get time off work ...
Surely she could have a "doctors/dentist appointment" (wink wink nudge nudge) in the morning? Friday afternoon, complain at her place of work about her sore tooth/bad stomach/etc to set the scene, phone in sick Monday morning and say she'll do her best to get in as soon as she can, collect the car, arrive at work around 11am.

Simple !

Quick Reply: Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)