E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='458944' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:52 AM
PS - price for Sports Transmission is now ?100 (despite BMW configurator still showing ?70 as I type). Apparently the price increase is effective for cars built from 1st September onwards. Pah.

You two need to settle down and be patient - you're like kids before Christmas!

Dealer didn't mention the price increase on the Sports transmission to me, but did say that BMW Online (whatever that is exactly) is included in my Media package. Apparently he spent ages trying to order the car without it but the system wouldn't let him, it does not appear on the web site configurator as part of the package, but instead comes at a cost of ?300. I wouldn't really want to pay that for it, but he quoted me the price for the car as ordered and it didn't include ?300 extra or ?30 for the Sports transmission. I guess I might get stung with those at a later date!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='458902' date='Aug 15 2007, 09:32 AM
10th October. I'm praying I'll get it earlier. I know my build date is mid September. Anyone know if that means I should get it earlier?

Are you dealing with a guy whose first name begins with "V"?

Also, I've added Comfort Seats now, thanks for this forum...
The guy I ordered with originally has left which may or may not have led to the confusion over my car order, anyway, the Sales Manager (Donald I think) took over my order and resolved all the issues surrounding the original order although I believe my on going sales contact will now be Peter?

Mine was booked for an August build not sure exactly when, hence I need to give them a call to find out the finer details.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sleepingdog' post='459029' date='Aug 15 2007, 12:04 PM
You two need to settle down and be patient - you're like kids before Christmas!

Dealer didn't mention the price increase on the Sports transmission to me, but did say that BMW Online (whatever that is exactly) is included in my Media package. Apparently he spent ages trying to order the car without it but the system wouldn't let him, it does not appear on the web site configurator as part of the package, but instead comes at a cost of ?300. I wouldn't really want to pay that for it, but he quoted me the price for the car as ordered and it didn't include ?300 extra or ?30 for the Sports transmission. I guess I might get stung with those at a later date!

My two kids at Christmas are nowhere near as bad as I am when waiting for a new car. I think this is the worst I've been actually.

Anyway, the Wife's new Focus ST will be here on 1st September, so I'll have something to keep me occupied for a few weeks!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='459105' date='Aug 15 2007, 02:18 PM
My two kids at Christmas are nowhere near as bad as I am when waiting for a new car. I think this is the worst I've been actually.

Anyway, the Wife's new Focus ST will be here on 1st September, so I'll have something to keep me occupied for a few weeks!
The worst I've even been was September 2004 (or was it 2005, I forget). We hadn't had wonderful cars before, I had an 8 year old (bought when it was 6 years old) Jaguar XJ8, wife had a Daewoo, or Rover, or something like that. Got a massive promotion at work so we ordered two brand new cars - I got a fully equipped (every single option) Audi A4, wife got a 525d SE (which is the reason I joined this forum - so yes, it was 2004!). We had them both delivered to our house on August 30th so they sat there unused for just over a day (in the UK, you have to wait for the licence plate to become legal before you can drive it on the road, not sure if it works like that elsewhere in the world?). We arranged for wife's mum to babysit that night, so we sat in our cars waiting for midnight, and then both sped off and drove round for hours

Ah, good old days. Since then we've had so many car changes that although I'm excited about getting the 535d, this is the third E60 we've had, and all the toys I've ordered, we've already got in the X5 E70, so I know what I'm getting. To be honest what I'm really looking forward to is hitting the 1,200 mile run in period, taking a trip to DMS for a remap, and then sitting at traffic lights drag racing 17 year olds in 1.2L "hot hatches" with soup can exhausts. Ah, I can't wait.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='459119' date='Aug 15 2007, 03:46 PM
The worst I've even been was September 2004 (or was it 2005, I forget). We hadn't had wonderful cars before, I had an 8 year old (bought when it was 6 years old) Jaguar XJ8, wife had a Daewoo, or Rover, or something like that. Got a massive promotion at work so we ordered two brand new cars - I got a fully equipped (every single option) Audi A4, wife got a 525d SE (which is the reason I joined this forum - so yes, it was 2004!). We had them both delivered to our house on August 30th so they sat there unused for just over a day (in the UK, you have to wait for the licence plate to become legal before you can drive it on the road, not sure if it works like that elsewhere in the world?). We arranged for wife's mum to babysit that night, so we sat in our cars waiting for midnight, and then both sped off and drove round for hours

Ah, good old days. Since then we've had so many car changes that although I'm excited about getting the 535d, this is the third E60 we've had, and all the toys I've ordered, we've already got in the X5 E70, so I know what I'm getting. To be honest what I'm really looking forward to is hitting the 1,200 mile run in period, taking a trip to DMS for a remap, and then sitting at traffic lights drag racing 17 year olds in 1.2L "hot hatches" with soup can exhausts. Ah, I can't wait.
I've currently got a Disco 3. Fantastic car, and I'll be sad to see it go. However... at least with the 535d I'll be able to round corners faster than a crawl , although no more off roading.

I might buy an old Defender for under a grand and use that to keep off-roading. It's amazing how much of a rush you can get travelling at under 5mph!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Members

I'm halfway there with 600 miles on the clock and I have to say this is a fantastic car.
As it is my first automatic, i love driving it in manual mode using the gearstick mainly. Ergonomically I find the paddles great going up the gears but a bit difficult going using the thumb going down the gears

Could the paddles be programmed for say right to go up and left to go down (as per the M5)
Old 08-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Members

Hey all,

Anyone have any updates on order status, options added, etc.?

Getting a bit bored with the lack of talk about 535d's!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='460416' date='Aug 20 2007, 01:58 PM
Hey all,

Anyone have any updates on order status, options added, etc.?

Getting a bit bored with the lack of talk about 535d's!
Just had a call from my dealer this morning, I was told 30th September originally, currently they are saying 2nd or 3rd week in September now. They can't give a date any firmer than that just yet, but called to ask me to go complete the Dvla paperwork and arrange insurance etc.

So it's getting closer... Still trying not to get excited though. I go away in mid September (in the UK) and I bet the car won't be ready in time
Old 08-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bardel' post='460420' date='Aug 20 2007, 08:07 AM
Just had a call from my dealer this morning, I was told 30th September originally, currently they are saying 2nd or 3rd week in September now. They can't give a date any firmer than that just yet, but called to ask me to go complete the Dvla paperwork and arrange insurance etc.

So it's getting closer... Still trying not to get excited though. I go away in mid September (in the UK) and I bet the car won't be ready in time
Sounds good mate. Hopefully that may mean the rest of us might be able to knock a week or two off our expected delivery dates...

Let us know how you get on
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Members

I'm still working on delivery the week beginning 15th October - I only confirmed the order 2 weeks ago.
I have to confess that I too have gone for the comfort seats like yourself, after being influenced by this bloody forum!!

Still, my last BMW was a 330Ci M Sport and I did get bachache on long journeys so hopefully that problem should be solved with the new 535d!

Quick Reply: Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)