E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Opinions on 550I color combinations

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPJ' post='411785' date='Apr 9 2007, 01:54 PM
I'd go with Alpine White & Black interior if I was ordering one.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

Talking

Best combo is: Very rich , High class, Elegant, Luxurious.......
Exterior: BLACK / Monaco Blue with Ceramic tint 40%, Xenon Lights
Interior: Beige dakota / Nasca + Anthracite headliner + Dark brown Wood trim ( not Available in US). But These are hard to keep clean and shiny.

Mine is Platinum gray + Ceramic tint 40%(later) + Xenons+ Gray dakota + light poplar wood
Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

I've posted tons of opinions on color combos, which is not to say I'm an expert on taste. That said, the E60 looks best in the light metallics given the body surfaces. Over time I must say black looks darn good and jet black is the top pick of the dark colors.

I think the new tan is a better color than the old biege. Its has a nice neutral color and looks more appealing. The only drawback would be the scuff marks you get on the lower plastic surfaces and wear marks in the seats. It does however feel very inviting and warm. After a long painful decision process I opted for black interior with no regrets. My E60 has the anthracite grey wood trim and this lends a very distinctive and sporty look. Pure BMW. My second choice was alpine white and I'm still happy with the silver grey, which isn't offered any more.

Alpine white is a fine color and my advice is view the color in person a few times. Many a bunch of times. View it on a cloudy and a sunny day. Then decide. If you go with this color, you'll have a great looking car. With this selection the tan interior is mandatory.

CVT Benhogan
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

Exclamation

BMW should have more choice of wood trims to match or good contrast with different colors of the car (Exterior and Interior). It has Poplar/Black for US that gives no contrast/match with the interior colors.

BMW should add more color to woodtrims: Blue variant, rosewood, gray, dark brown-available in Euro).
More choice of floor and roof color fabric (? anthracite).
Beige and Gray are too light too, they should make them little dark to mustard and taupe/ash like. Auburn was a nice color with black/ monaco blue exterior and add Dark blue/medium.

X3 and some other models have a nice 2-color combo to give a nice contrast interior.Moonroof of some sedan should increase in size similar to some other autos-just like fullglass roof or similar to X3?.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:39 AM
sol
Members

I agree that at the NYAS, I was there, the CB looked very blue. Definitely darker then the Monaco blue 535 however. The indoor spot lights/showroom lights brought out every bit of metallic blue flakes the car has, very hard to see the black. However, in sunlight the car appears more "black" than blue, except at certain angles. I have looked at the color many times before I ordered mine, coming from black sapphire I wanted a dark car. Next time you have a chance look at the base coat without reflective light, carbon black has black base with blue metallic and Monaco blue has blue base with blue metallic. The blue metallic may be what is the same in both cars not the base paint. Very complicated I know but comong from the same experience the investigation helped. Second choice was Space grey on black.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Members

Nice choice Sol!

I have the same thing on order. Yeah, the carbon black definately looked blue at the NY auto show just judging from the pictures. I think you're right about the flourescent lights that surrounded the car indoors, those are the optimum conditions to bring out the blue in carbon black. Every other picture I've seen, and I've been obsessively researching this car, carbon black looks predominantly black even in direct sunlight and all black at night or under overcast skies. I love the color contrast in carbon black. I like black and blue as colors for the car, more so black, so this color is perfect for me. Plus I think it's more elegant looking than monaco blue. Black on black is the way to go too. I thought about natural brown originally but I think I'd get tired of the two tone effect. I can't wait for this baby to arrive - 5-6 weeks!!! It's really driving me, and my poor girlfriend, crazy.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

interiors:
First car: beige got too dirty looking
Second : Black got boring
Third: Auburn just right [color up top, black on bottom hides dirt.]
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 AM
sol
Members

Originally Posted by whay' post='412721' date='Apr 12 2007, 10:26 AM
Nice choice Sol!

I can't wait for this baby to arrive - 5-6 weeks!!! It's really driving me, and my poor girlfriend, crazy.
Mine is expected next week. Check thread from TC, 535 in carbon black on black, great pictures. Good luck.