E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxford Green + Auburn?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to select the color combination for my E60 to be. I have previously had the Oxford Green on an E46 and liked it. Has anyone seen an Oxford Green E60 IRL or better yet have some pictures of one? How do you think that it would go with the Auburn leather. Would it damage resale values completely??
Old 01-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

I have the auburn with Sapphire black but wouldn't recommend it with Oxford Green unless you intend to keep the car for a considerable period of time in which case the resale value should not be as badly affected. I have seen a 330Ci in Oxford green with nature brown leather which looked quite good but the auburn is much redder and is too strong a colour to go well with it IMHO. I think you would be better advised to consider either black or beige if you are set on Oxford Green but worried about resale.

Colour is very subjective. I saw my first copper metallic E60 yesterday and it didn't look at all bad - I had expected that colour to look awful.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Members

I guess you might be right about the reddish auburn and the green. I would need to see this combination IRL to dare going for it.... The thing is that I would like a combination that is a bit different, but it seems rather difficult. I guess the silver gray with black leather would be a safe, but rather booring, bet...
Old 01-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

Silver grey and auburn would look good if you want something a little different. A friend of mine had his 530d delivered in silver grey with black cloth then had the dealer arrange to have the seats and door panel inserts retrimmed in tanin red. This colour was a standard leather colour option in the UK up until 2002 on the 3 series. The finished effect gives the same contrast effect as the auburn with black dash, door mouldings and carpets against the red. It looks really good IMHO but I guess that's not really an option in the US as you cannot have the car supplied in cloth. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Members

I have thought about that combination (some pictures are available on this site) and you might be right that it will be a combination which is a bit different but that doesn't turn too many potential buyers off. Leather is standard on the 530d in Sweden and I guess I would be a fool to choose cloth when the price would be the same. Thanks for you input!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by oreo' date='Jan 27 2004, 04:09 AM
I am trying to select the color combination for my E60 to be. I have previously had the Oxford Green on an E46 and liked it. Has anyone seen an Oxford Green E60 IRL or better yet have some pictures of one? How do you think that it would go with the Auburn leather. Would it damage resale values completely??
location scotland/sweden - huh!!

Oxford Green v nice - auburn might be a bit to terracotta - have u thought about truffle brown??

Old 02-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Members

jonboy:

Some are lucky enough to commute between countries I think that you and ISUK agree that the terracotta/redness of the auburn does not go that well with the green. After thinking about it, I guess that I will have to agree on that - nature brown would be nice but Auburn is probably not the way to go.

ISUK:

How did the copper metallic look IRL. Was it very copper? Maybe that would be the colour to go for with the auburn?
Old 02-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Members

Oreo, if you look at the size of the car you will see that the oxford green makes the car look bulky. <_<
The color options I have sticked to (for the E61 530D though) are either Olive green, Silver Grey or Dark Blue. The interior is going to be some of the brownish colours.
Why not to initiate a discussion around this at Autopower.se
Old 02-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

Oreo,

The copper metallic actually looks quite good but I think it would be too much with the auburn personally. I'd stick with black if going for copper. I saw an Olivin green on the road yesterday and it also looked much better than I remember, although I personally wouldn't choose it. If you are set on auburn (and it sounds like you really want it) either silver grey, jet black or sapphire black are the way to go IMHO. Have you seen the photos I posted on here of my sapphire black with auburn? You should find them on page 7 or 8 I think. A guy in the UK liked my car so much from the photos that he has ordered the same combination.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 PM

Here are some pics I took of a E60 in germany:

Oxford-green-1
Oxford-green-2
Brown-leather-1
Brown-leather-2
Brown-leather-3

This is the config I will order this week.
Cheers,
WBB

Quick Reply: Oxford Green + Auburn?