E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OPINION ON OFFER MADE BY DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Again guys thanks for all the input, I feel much better going in now. As most of you stated I'll be careful what I sign if anything.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Members

My Ride: E53 E60 E92

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454398' date='Aug 2 2007, 08:56 AM
Again guys thanks for all the input, I feel much better going in now. As most of you stated I'll be careful what I sign if anything.
Just curious, how many bimmer did you buy from this dealership?
I am glad that even BMW recognizes some sort of loyalty game in this business, that would fend off some Lexus exodus .
Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

This new 535i is having too faults to be an E60
Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWSTL' post='454086' date='Aug 1 2007, 02:35 PM
If they're not requiring you to sign a relase (and it doesn't sound like they are), it's probably a sincere "make you happy" offer. If they want you to sign a release, then I'd get suspicious. Depending on the wheels you want, the offer is probably in the aggregate north of $5000, and sounds very generous to me.

Lou
+1
Don't sign a Release and give up any Lemon Law claim you might have. If this is simply a "no strings attached" good will gesture, jump on it. If you have to waive all future claims, wait and see how the car is responding to the recent maintenance. In NJ, Lemon Law violation: have to prove a defect that could not be repaired by dealer within the first 18,000 of use, which the dealer has had 3 opportunities to repair and hasn't, and that the defect has a substantial impact on the vehicle's use, value or safety. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Hey guys, UPDATE......

Just wanted to let you guys know that the meeting with the manager and the service manager was very intriguing at first. I was asked if I thought about the offer and that they wanted to make things right. I was then told that a check was going to be cut by BMW and the dealership was going to make me enjoy the car more by putting some things that I wanted on it, like the wheels, ipod adapter and as he put it other things. I was kind of waiting for the catch and it came. They mentioned the release letter and form. That was one of the requirements which they wanted me to sign. I knew something was wrong and there it was. I politely explained what I've been through with my car and was under the impression that this was a good will gesture for my troubles. I asked, why would I give my rights as an owner of a new vehicle and sign some document releasing BMW of all liability for the last 3 months. I told them I consulted with my attorney and that he advised me not to sign anything. As hard as it was I politely declined the offer. I requested them to investigate the possibility of a new car and he said he was going to speak to BMW NA today or the latest tomorrow. It's always good to do research and ask questions. Thanks for all of those who came to my aide and i'll keep you guy's posted on the outcome.

Thanks Rick......