E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

One more thing wrong

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After waiting 10 days to get into see my dealer, I am now told that the first two "suggestions" from BMW did not fix the problem with my car. The primary problem (and the most frustrating) is that the I-Drive system (including radio, PDC, L7, as well as Nav) are "locked" in a continuous "re-boot" cycle. What happens is that when the car is started, the "BMW" screen comes on normally and then the screen goes black, there is a pause and the system then seems to attempt to "re-boot", but gets "locked" into the cycle of - BMW Screen - Pause - BMW Screen - Black Screen - Pause, and on and on. The dealer told me yesterday that BMW had suggested loading new software, but when they did that it did not correct the problem. They then told me that they were having ?discussions? with BMW about what the problem might be. Today they tell me they are ordering a new ?control unit? and ?hope? to have it at the dealership tomorrow. This on a car that sat for over two weeks in July waiting for a ?control unit? for recall of the BMWs with the V8 engine. When the car is available, it is fun to drive?.in the meantime, I am beginning to wonder about my choice in cars.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
JDN
Contributors

I waited 28 days for my computer repair, but I never doubted my choice of vehicles.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

Welcome to the club. My "control unit" did the same thing at 60 miles or so (about 8 hours of ownership) on the odometer. I am 12 days into my loaner with no date estimate. There are reportedly 140 units on backorder. If JDN's experience is any guide, I still have 16 days ago. In my state apparently 20 business days at the dealer = lemon.

I love the way the car drives but am having doubts. It doesn't give a lot of confidence that this happens so frequently and the pathetic parts availability is unacceptable in a car this expensive. I have had to return my phone since I don't know if it will work in the car.

Acura RL - kind of boring looking. M45 maybe an option - have to wait until spring. I may just get a used 3 series to pass the time....
Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

My car has started to cycle through BMW pauze BMW pauze too.. It usually takes 10 minutes before the car gets a good reboot and starts up correctly. Very irritating since I have this problem since the latest update..
Old 11-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Seems like you need another software update... :bashwall:
Old 11-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' date='Nov 2 2004, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the club. My "control unit" did the same thing at 60 miles or so (about 8 hours of ownership) on the odometer. I am 12 days into my loaner with no date estimate. There are reportedly 140 units on backorder. If JDN's experience is any guide, I still have 16 days ago. In my state apparently 20 business days at the dealer = lemon.

I love the way the car drives but am having doubts. It doesn't give a lot of confidence that this happens so frequently and the pathetic parts availability is unacceptable in a car this expensive. I have had to return my phone since I don't know if it will work in the car.

Acura RL - kind of boring looking. M45 maybe an option - have to wait until spring. I may just get a used 3 series to pass the time....
[snapback]52185[/snapback]
Your phone will not work with the car until Verizon updates the software to unlock its Bluetooth capabilities. They should have it available within a few weeks. Hang in there. Its a great car. I know you have not had a chance to enjoy it yet, but it will be fixed.