E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh great, another issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All,

So my car was at an independent shop/BMW dealership for a total of 7 weeks and I just got the car back Wednesday night. Anyhow, just a quick recap of what was done:

-Valve cover gaskets and timing cover gasket replaced
-TRANMISSION REPLACED due to faulty driving pattern.
-20 Point inspections done.

Luckily I picked up an extended warranty through my lender, so I didn't have to pay for the repairs, but I did have to wait for a total of 7 weeks for the transmission to be "approved" by warranty. Again, after 7 weeks of waiting I finally get my 5er back on Wednesday. Going home from work on Friday, coolant starting leaking all over the place as soon as I drive into the garage. The steering wheel also felt really heavy. I noticed a hose was spewing out coolant and after removing the hose, I noticed a slash on it. So I went to the dealer, bought a replacement hose, installed it, and everything was fine. I drove the car throughout the day with no engine/temperature issue. But while driving home from running errands, I get this on the iDrive now:

GRRR!!! I don't know what's going on here. Problem after problem with my 5er . I turned off the car for an hour and after starting it up, it still showing the same issues. What can I do guys? Possible battery issue? Gremlins?

The last thing I was to do is go back to the dealership and have my car held for another x amount of weeks. Any easy fix out there? I have a 2004 545i Sport.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Contributors

HOLY shit man. WTF? That is an awful lot of crap to go wrong at 75k miles.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Dude, tell me about it. The radiator, vacuum pump, transmission pan gasket, and water pump were replaced 2 months ago as well. I'm getting fed up with all these problems with my 5er. dangit!

Now i have this issue. Please chime in with any quick fixes.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Do you still have the original battery? If it is, mayne it is time for a new one. As you said, it was in the shop for 7 weeks and your battery would have been drained. The dealer probably just did a quick charge when you pick it up.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

Sorry man so many issues . Was this car used? Everything will work out fine lets hope most likely battery?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
Do you still have the original battery? If it is, mayne it is time for a new one. As you said, it was in the shop for 7 weeks and your battery would have been drained. The dealer probably just did a quick charge when you pick it up.
Yea, I'm pretty sure it's the original battery. Hopefully it's just that. Thanks for your input...
Old 09-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Sorry man so many issues . Was this car used? Everything will work out fine lets hope most likely battery?
Hey man, thanks. Picked up the car May of this year. I'm hopeful all will workout, keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing too time consuming or major. Thanks again...
Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by bimmerfamily2010
Yea, I'm pretty sure it's the original battery. Hopefully it's just that. Thanks for your input...
lift out the carpet floor in trunk, then remove the trunk passenger side carpeted cover (2 screws), then look on top of the negative battery post. the manufacture date is stamped on there...if its an oem battery.
if its original, its way overdue for replacement.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Good Lord man. I sure do hope it doesnt take too long. Smart move tho on the extended warranty. PHEW! At least in this scenario Time ISNT money and you dont have to pay for it being in there. I never asked but did they give you a loaner for those 7 weeks. The Dynamic drive error showed up once when I think i took a really hard turn when the car wasnt fully warmed up. After i let it rest for a while it went away and never came back. Hope that helps. Good luck man.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd
lift out the carpet floor in trunk, then remove the trunk passenger side carpeted cover (2 screws), then look on top of the negative battery post. the manufacture date is stamped on there...if its an oem battery.
if its original, its way overdue for replacement.
Cool man. thanks for the FYI.

Quick Reply: Oh great, another issue.