E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Official Wait Begins for 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the dealer today to confirm my order. Updated my signature with the specs.

Some interesting info: Dealer said that they recently got a memo that Sat Radio was available with the NAV. But dealers have been wrong in the past.

On the Dealers' computer (BMWNA's DCS.net) showed mystic blue available for 525 & 535, but not 545. Probably a mistake.

No Pricing yet, and did not have any info on the M sport package.

Would like to thank all the board members for there opinions, thoughts, ideas, experiences, and most of all the pictures. Lomag's exterior car pictures made me go with the Mystic Blue, and wanted the ventilated seats, so the Biege won out over the black. Decided against BMW idivudual so I did not have to deal with the possible Hassle.

Perforance Center Delivery, here I come(at least in a couple more months. )
Old 07-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Yeap! My 545 order is in the system with Sirus and Nav. Car is going into production in 3 weeks. I need to get my a$$ in gear and finalize everythin

cheers,

beewang
Old 07-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Jul 24 2004, 05:19 PM
Yeap! My 545 order is in the system with Sirus and Nav. Car is going into production in 3 weeks. I need to get my a$$ in gear and finalize everythin

cheers,

beewang?
beewang,

Is the 10/4 date an ED pickup in Munich? I thought that the earliest MY2005 production was in Sep., for a mid to late October pickup, but it seems like yours is a mid August production and an early October pickup....Is that right??

Did the dealer already have prices and allocation for MY 2005?

rodybmw
Old 07-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

CRRobert, you're going to love the Performance Center experience.

After delivery, are you going to drive all the way back to CA or are you having the car shipped?
Old 07-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Contributors

Rudy, I currently plan to drive it back to Colorado for thanksgiving with my family, and then possibly continue to California. I may decide to leave it in Colorado, until I return for Xmas, and then drive it out to California. Depends on a couple of things, weather being one of them. I will have the break in done when I get back to Colorado though.

Really looking forward to the performance center. Hope to take in a high performance driving school prior.

Congrats Beewang, looks like a couple of us will be waiting for our cars soon.

rodybmw, my dealer did not have any pricing or allocation information. He though maybe next Wednesday for allocations.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

CRRobert, if you can, you should enroll in one of the schools at the Performance Center.

The track time included with the delivery is not nearly enough -- especially since you live so far from the facility. My advice is to take advantage of the place while you're there.

On the subject of leaving your car in CO until Christmas -- I bet you won't be able to do it once you get a taste of life with the E60!!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Yeh, I need to check on when some of the schools are available. Last time I checked, they did not have any information yet for that time frame. If there is something around then, I will definitely do it.

I would not bet against you.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Jul 25 2004, 12:50 AM
Rudy, I currently plan to drive it back to Colorado for thanksgiving with my family, and then possibly continue to California. I may decide to leave it in Colorado, until I return for Xmas, and then drive it out to California. Depends on a couple of things, weather being one of them. I will have the break in done when I get back to Colorado though.

Really looking forward to the performance center. Hope to take in a high performance driving school prior.

Congrats Beewang, looks like a couple of us will be waiting for our cars soon.

rodybmw, my dealer did not have any pricing or allocation information. He though maybe next Wednesday for allocations.
Hey! Thnx, Congrats to you too!!

Leaving it in Colorado is an excellent idea, you should be able to save the California Sales Tax by utilizing the 90 days loophole

I agree w/ Rudy, that you should utilize the M driving school. I had the opportunity to observe a Perfomance Delivery Pickup while I was attending the M5 school. BMW runs a first class operation there, much more than the Euro Delivery setup IMO.

RudyBMW: Yes that is correct, it is an ED and contrary to the official annoucement of earliest ED pickup date of 10/18. Our 545 is schedule for production on the first week of 2005 Model Year (First week of September). AFAIK, there is no August production this year for either 2004 or 2005 model year out of the Dingolfinng Plant. And no, no pricing yet. Pricing will be annouced at approximatelyMid August for U.S. Market. Yes, we have allocation see this post

cheers,

beewang
Old 07-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Jul 24 2004, 05:19 PM

cheers,

beewang
Beewang, I see you have an e60 M5 on order. Do you plan on trading in your 545 when the time comes? Gosh, what a lucky guy.