E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NTB

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

search your area for a mobile wheel repair business. they usually charge around 100-150 per wheel to refinish on site. then ask ntb to knock off some money from your bill.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

I called corporate and they gave me options. They would either give me store credit :thumbsdown: , write me a check for $350 , or get me a new set of rims.

which one should I take?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

the damaged ones above

the undamaged below

Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project
I called corporate and they gave me options. They would either give me store credit :thumbsdown: , write me a check for $350 , or get me a new set of rims.

which one should I take?
Wouldnt the clear choice be a new set of rims? $350 is nothing... and who wants store credit from a store you wont use ever again!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Members

Get them refinished/fixed, if they can do it, and spend the remainder on a V1, some nice wax/wash products or something similar. You know that the first time you hand your car over to your wife/girlfriend/a valet, they'll curb it and scratch up your wheels anyway.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by g_force_alt
Get them refinished/fixed, if they can do it, and spend the remainder on a V1, some nice wax/wash products or something similar. You know that the first time you hand your car over to your wife/girlfriend/a valet, they'll curb it and scratch up your wheels anyway.
They are unrepairable since they have a Chrome lip. Several tire repair men said the same thing. I paid about 1400 for them.

NTB just called and gave me a new offer of 500.
Should I take it?

I paid for mounting and balance already, and they forgot about tpms. I should also ask them for a refund for that, or am I being too greedy?

Thanks for all the non car related advice! I totally need it being that I'm just a absent minded musician. Thank you thank you
Old 04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Sorry to hear your story. Do some research on your wheels before buying. Sounds like you bought the wrong size to begin with which means you didnt' do your research. If I had to choose rubbing I'd go with fender rub as it can be corrected with a fender roller but it is not easy to get the factory caulk out of the fender to begin the rollign process....with that said you will have a warped fender with many hi/low spots if you do not.

As far as the wheels I would think those are stainless steel lip inserts. They look hollow. And they do not look like they're "chromed".....so again, do some research on your wheels. If they are stainless steel inserts, good luck repairing them. I doubt you will find a place to do it correctly.

If it were chrome it could be EASILY repairable to fill the hole and then rebrush and electro chrome....I do not have time to do the research for you but it appears that whoever told you these wheels are chrome are not telling the truth. When you knock on the lip and it is hollow you will know.

As far as the TPMS .... they probably didn't "forget" they probably didn't fit with that wheel so they left them off. Did you check to see if the wheels will work with your TPMS prior to purchasing?

I wouldn't call it bad luck, i'd call it bad choices.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Sorry to hear your story. Do some research on your wheels before buying. Sounds like you bought the wrong size to begin with which means you didnt' do your research. If I had to choose rubbing I'd go with fender rub as it can be corrected with a fender roller but it is not easy to get the factory caulk out of the fender to begin the rollign process....with that said you will have a warped fender with many hi/low spots if you do not.

As far as the wheels I would think those are stainless steel lip inserts. They look hollow. And they do not look like they're "chromed".....so again, do some research on your wheels. If they are stainless steel inserts, good luck repairing them. I doubt you will find a place to do it correctly.

If it were chrome it could be EASILY repairable to fill the hole and then rebrush and electro chrome....I do not have time to do the research for you but it appears that whoever told you these wheels are chrome are not telling the truth. When you knock on the lip and it is hollow you will know.

As far as the TPMS .... they probably didn't "forget" they probably didn't fit with that wheel so they left them off. Did you check to see if the wheels will work with your TPMS prior to purchasing?

I wouldn't call it bad luck, i'd call it bad choices.
The wheel size is good, its just the tires I blooped on i think. I went with the plus size tire cause I've seen a few guys with it, but they didn't have the same wheel brand. I guess it matters on the offset and the type of wheels you get with those tires.

In any case, I'm here at VAC Motorsports getting my fenders rolled right now. They are hammering out the rears and using a roller on the front. Unfortunately, I cant watch because Its making me nervous. They said I'm clear away from hitting the shocks though. It'll be good and not too expensive. I hope.

They said they trimmed away the caulk and left some there to protect the fender from the stones that would hit the fenders and ultimately rust it. 20 years experience gives me some assurance.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Members

Vac Motorsports did a perfect roll job! Car doesn't rub at all! The stance is perfect. The big tires filled in the wheel gap as I thought. I don't even have to lower it. It rides smoother and better than stock wheels!

Thanks for all the input guys.

Finally on to the next mod. Ill post pics soon.

Will post pics tomorrow after I get my 500 from NTB